The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the site, could use some help on a vehicle

cdmsd

Hello all,

Name's Clint, been around DSMs since the dawn of time. but I have to say I'm a little stumped on this one non turbo Galant 90 that I'm working on. and has a 2.0 single overhead cam, with a whirlybird. can't seem to find much information on it trying to find what the base timing is set to and if it's the same procedures for grounding it out at the connector on the firewall adjacent to the brake reservoir. it is labeled as a 4G63 but it has a single overhead head. this particular engine was used for some of their base models between 89 to 92 but there isn't a lot of write-ups on it. I have tried the normal techniques by to finding top dead center setting the whirlybird and going from there and doing a before top dead center 5 degrees also tried 10° for ha-ha's once a computer takes control it seems like it wants 25 but sometimes when the cable is grounded, the computer doesn't seem to let go. so again I'm looking for base timing on a single overhead 2.0 motor with The Whirlybird
thank you. and any other notes that you may have on this wacky setup would be most appreciated

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts