The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the scene.

Mn92gvr4

Hi all, I just bought #936/1k summit white. 170k on the body. Previous owner rebuilt the engine and trans about 10k ago. Not sure what all he put in it.(he is finding his build sheet foe me) I know it has a built bottom end mostly stock head with the exception of cams. Other than that it is a stock set up with an egr delete. I guess my first question to you guys would be what is a good way to go about cleaning/organizing the engine bay. Im looking to build her up for mainly autox and a bit of fun on the strip. any tips or advise is welcome. Thanks all.

minneSNOWta

Nice man. We got a nice MN crew going on now. I pass by North Branch all the time when I go back and forth from Duluth to the cities. Could check out the car for you sometime. Post some pics!

Mn92gvr4

Sweet dude I wasnt aware of very many gvr4s around here. Definitly have to get together some time. Ill get in the pics when its not so could out

FlyingEagle

Staff member
To your question about cleaning the engine bay.

A lot of guys use Purple Power, Simple Green and the likes of those products. Heck, there were some detailing threads here just in the last 4 months.
Maybe a little search is in order with key words like "Detailing", "engine bay", etc.

Some scrub brushes, the cleaner and a garden hose aimed away from the alternator. Air tool for blowing out connectors and such when you are finished.
Bear in mind that any loose wiring jackets will allow water in, and the same for shoddy connectors so have an eye out for an possible headaches before hand.

If you are ready for autocross and the car is otherwise running properly, back burner the modifications for a bit.
Focus on the routine maintenance of fluids from front to back, just to be safe.
Then consider a proper suspension.
You will be way faster with a proper suspension and tire setup, then you will be with straight line power alone and no way to keep it planted/grounded.
Lots of suspension threads in the last while, have popped back near the top of each listing.

Welcome to the overly friendly, picky, and unadulteratedly awesome community that many of us call our VR4 home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

coyotes

Good advice above.

When I did my engine bay I just attacked it with rags and simple green. Took some time, and I probably need a whole other pass on it, but the results are worth it.

Get under your car and go nuts checking for leaks, damaged items, or other things that stand out. Replace em if you can, go nuts on maintenance before you start ragging on your car, or you will find out where the weakest links are for better or for worse.

Mn92gvr4

Thanks for the advice guys, guess its time to grab the rags and get to work.

Mn92gvr4

finally got around to getting some pics on here. sorry she is filthy right now. stupid winter
img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned