The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the scene w/ '91 Eagle 2000 GTX

djanzen

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself! I've been lurking in the background checking out different posts here and figured its about time I joined.

I come from the Nissan world. I've built 3+ 240/silvias in the past. Sold them, travelled the world, came home (Canada), got into skydiving, built out a 2015 Ram Promaster 2500 camper conversion and then Covid hit, so I stopped van life, moved into a house and picked up a 1991 Eagle 2000 GTX as my new daily. I was sold on the AWD, and because I had a 1991 Eagle Vista when I turned 16. I just couldnt pass on matching my birth year and make again, its the little things right? Anyway I'm a licenses red seal Heavy Duty mechanic with a background in oilfield. I'm no stranger to pulling wrenches and building fun cars. Looks like there's quite a lot of character on the forum so I'm happy to be here and looking forward to talking with you all.

Anyway, I'll get around to posting some photos when I'm back to my desktop in a couple weeks.

I'm hoping to get this thing tuned up for now and eventually turbo it. Long game would be to have an AWD setup and a RWD setup to drift it (I miss my Silvia, okay!).

I've got tons of research to do to understand the ins and outs of this thing but I'm loving it so far. I was about to pull the windshield out and do some rust repair on the A pillars and roof where it meets the windshield, I called my trusty supplier and it turns out they can't get a windshield for it anywhere in Canada and gave me a big ole maybe from the USA.

My biggest question to you guys today: cross over parts!!??

Its near impossible to find any useful parts results when searching. Looking for input on a Mitsubishi Galant crossover? Model, trims, etc. From what I've gathered so far, I'm safe to assume this is a 1st gen - when refering to crossover parts with the DSM world?

Any help is appreciated!

yubh8tn

Yep. We are in the same year group as the 1G DSM, because we basically are 1G dsm's. Nearly identical, mechanically wise. Crossover parts is basically what keeps our cars going, as the eclipse aftermarket was so massive. Glass should come off a Galant and fit yours exactly right, but I'd wait for more experienced members of the board to reply before you trust what I say

raptorWagon

Or rather 1G dsms are basically 6g Galants, because that's the chassis they were derived from lol.

The Eagle 2000GTX is just Chrylser Canada's rebadged version of the 87-93 Galant (89-93 here in the US), whether AWD or FWD.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

Many mechanical parts do interchange, but some things are specific to the Galant chassis of course, obviously a windshield will be specific to the Galants.

AWD swap would require cutting of you trunk floor and welding in one from a AWD 2000GTX/Galant GSX or Galant VR-4, then needing the AWD Galant Fuel tank, and all that jazz. RWD though? To do a proper setup, there is no return once you go down that route. Engine will need to be rotated 90 degrees and you will need to find a suitable transmission with a custom bellhousing like R154, W5Xs, T45, T5, ZF, etc.

raptorWagon

And blow through all his transmissions and transfer cases in the process? Yeah sure he can do that way, but it's not the proper way to do it, if you want it to last at all. We have enough issues as it is for the 500+ ft-lbs of torque level for AWD, now you want to send all that torque through the transfer case instead. Technically you would still need stubs for the front hubs anyway, can't completely delete them, but again. Coincidentally this topic came up in the 4g63 rwd fb group the other day for someone else with a Evo 4. Someone did the front axle delete and welded the center diff on their Legnum VR4, they blew through few transmissions and 7 transfer cases in the process. They are now rotating their engine (6A13TT V6) longitudinally and going to a regular RWD specific transmission. Mitsubishi makes a great engine, but transmissions and transfer cases? Not really when it comes to their cars lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts