The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the forum

Hey guys, my name is Kashi and I just recently got a 1991 Galant VR-4, badge number 327/2000. I've had Mustang's and 1 F Body Camaro in the past but I've never had as much enjoyment driving a car as I do with my Galant. Well I just thought I would introduce myself and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Galactica

Welcome to the board, Kashi! Let's here some more about you and your Galant!

Well let's see, I'm 21, in college, and a gear head. lol I've always liked the Galant VR-4's and when I found this one in St Louis I had to get it lol. It has a few mods and I am wanting to turn the boost up to 15 psi. I do believe it's getting fuel cut right now because it doesn't want to go under hard throttle so I bought a Walbro 255 fuel pump last night and I hope that solves the problem.

GSX_TC

welcome aboard Kashi, what color is it? and post some pics of it. and read this click and this click

It's at 10 psi right now and it has 720cc injectors. And I don't have an AFPR.

GSX_TC

fuel cut is when it feels like you are gonna fly through the dam windshield, it just hits you hard. i dont think your describing fuel cut man

GSX_TC

can you describe your problem a lil better, like is it sputtering or missing? and does it only do it at WOT or during normal everyday driving?

It only does it under hard throttle and I can rarely go past 5000 rpm. And it feels like it's sputtering but it's fine during normal driving and it idles fine as well. I was just thinking that since the guy who had it before me put in upgraded injectors and didn't put in a better fuel pump is what the problem was.

Diego

I would wonder if you are chipped for the 720s, and if not it might be the reason or one reason for the crappy hard sputtered pulls..... crack open your ecu (located near the footwell on the passenger side) and take a peek inside. Your car like ours is aged, and most didn't age well. Electronics never age well. Leaky caps can make your car turn into a fire ball, from the inside.

If you have leaky caps, there is another reason. Also your MPI relay could have also sh*t the bed. Lots of possibilities here.

DR1665

Quoting GSX_TC:
fuel cut is when it feels like you are gonna fly through the dam windshield, it just hits you hard. i dont think your describing fuel cut man

I'd just like to point out "damn windshield" to my friend from SoCal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

lol yeah i usually dont put the n on the ends of my dam's

minneSNOWta

Welcome Kashi. Hope college is going well for you. I don't miss it one bit. Kind of... Let's see the whip!

welcome bro.....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts