The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Fourdoor

Hey guys,

Not really a new member, just been away for several years. I am about a year away from purchasing / building a house where I will have a new shop to work on cars in my spare time, at that point I will be getting back into the game :) I will lurk a lot waiting for a deal to come along on a clean Galant VR-4. I loved my EVO's back in the day, but I could never get over the fact that the EVO VIII and IX didn't come with cruise control :D But my old GVR-4 had cruise :)

Prior Mitsubishi's in order of ownership: 1994 Eclipse GS 1.8 liter, 1995 3000GT VR-4, 1992 Galant VR-4, 1996 Eclipse Spyder, 2003 EVO VIII, 2005 EVO VIII RS, 1996 3000GT VR-4 Spyder, 2008 EVO X, 2010 Lancer Ralliart, 2004 Lancer Ralliart. Also had a 1984 Conquest flatbody for a while but not technically a Mitsubishi.

Later,

Keith

pjb1107

Hey, I used to be a part of this forum, but its changed now. I guess old accounts were deleted if not used by a certain time?
Anyway, I've owned 2 VR4s in the past.. idr the number of the first one, but it was a 91, white, and I had it from 98 until maybe 2000. The 2nd one was a nightmare and probably the only car I ever regretted buying lol. That was 4/1000.
So I'm back, and casually looking for another in the NY/NJ/PA area. Thanks,
Pj

Ludachris

Administrator
Hey, I used to be a part of this forum, but its changed now. I guess old accounts were deleted if not used by a certain time?
Anyway, I've owned 2 VR4s in the past.. idr the number of the first one, but it was a 91, white, and I had it from 98 until maybe 2000. The 2nd one was a nightmare and probably the only car I ever regretted buying lol. That was 4/1000.
So I'm back, and casually looking for another in the NY/NJ/PA area. Thanks,
Pj
What's your old username?I can check.

Scootertalon

Give us a little background about yourself, how you arrived here in the GVR-4 world, and what your plans are with your GVR-4.

If you haven't already, be sure to create a Vehicle Profile for your GVR-4 so it will automatically show up in your signature. Thanks for joining!
Hello all..Just got a 92 GVR-4. 761/1000 needs to be put back together. Motor and trans were pulled to paint the engine bay by previous owner. I also have a 91 Talon Tsi. Plan with the Galant isn't much. Stock more or less

choritsu-shi

Give us a little background about yourself, how you arrived here in the GVR-4 world, and what your plans are with your GVR-4.

If you haven't already, be sure to create a Vehicle Profile for your GVR-4 so it will automatically show up in your signature. Thanks for joining!
Hi all, I’m working on a good friend/client’s 1992 VR4 387/1000. We need to install a new performance clutch and flywheel among other things and would like some suggestions.

The car is a daily driver and has the basic upgrades…ecu, boost control, fmic and I believe the turbo had been upgraded.

We want something with holding power yet that’s gonna be streetable. Not sure what I’ve pulled out, but it’s maybe a centerforce (orange paint) pressure plate and a dual friction disc (organic/puck). The stock flywheel was cooked blue from the puck side of the disc so we’re gonna need a new flywheel too.

I’ve heard that the EVO pressure plate and disc can be used? Is this true? What about flywheel? Any recommendations would be appreciated and no puck style disc.

LGre36

I'm Luke from Ontario, Canada. Just got my first VR-4. As you can see in the photo its not much of a street car unfortunately, although im very excited to shred it on the track. Boat loads of time and money put into this car to get it to where it is from previous owner, but a very well put together track car. More photos to come.

1991 538/2000

54A1A010-98BE-48A4-AAF2-065709C61D34.jpeg

Last edited:

d500-VR4

Hi all, I’m Johnson from Austin Texas.

I’m originally from S. Cal and owned a 91’ Charcoal Black GVR4 from 1996 to 2004, I had a lot of fun smoking many cars back in those old days. I took the GVR4 to the 1996 (LARC) Battles of Imports in Palmdale CA, and because of the consistency of the AWD on GVR4, I was able to get 3rd place out of the whole race. At the end I had to sell the car because of relocating to Taiwan.

After many years, I moved back to States and have always dream to get my hands on another GVR4, then one day on Facebook market place, this 91’ 1184/2000 show up for sale, so I made an offer took this baby home.

The car is really clean in and out, the motor seems to be under good condition, but few things like; ECU, down pipe and exhaust are missing.

Just need time to work on it, so that one day I can have this baby start running again.

My daily vehicle is 2018 RAM and 2020 MDX Hybrid.

30E9F007-742E-4279-A163-15919941D8AC.jpeg
Nice Key Chain!!

D874713B-1D25-4B63-89FD-D612A0D062AE.jpegB3111474-8B2C-4E89-8798-7C26D86CD752.jpegFC22913F-1075-4475-954D-E2037361A3A8.jpeg7D650A46-9198-41B8-928C-D2AE6FFE2FD6.jpeg

Vr4Ape35

Hello everyone, if everything goes well tomorrow I will be bringing home a 91 GVR4 I recently took a look at. This will be my first JDM, until now I've only owned and worked on Jeeps. After reading the new owners post, I'm probably on the younger side (22). Don't worry, I only have good intentions, I won't be wrapping it around a poll, I don't plan on dumping money into speed parts and want to focus restoring it to its former glory. That being said you will probably start to see me posting here because I will definitely need some guidance for repairing the rust as well some other odds and ends. I've always loved these older Mistubishi's and am ready to learn more about these cars and will be appreciative of any help from you guys.

miller

Welcome! Great to see the younger generation appreciating these cars. They are simply awesome and have a aura about them 99% of new cars simply dont have. Enjoy and post some pictures when you get a chance.

Dsmrt01

Hi I’m Ryan from Omaha. I currently own 2 silver 1990 galant GSX, #254 1992 Galant VR4 Kensington grey and a 1g laser. I previously owned #1895 green 1991 Galant VR4 and a 1990 Galant Gsx blue.

I’m always messing with these cars and looking for parts.

I

jaiishq

Hi all, I’m Jai from Malaysia. In search of a 91/92 model vr4 to rebuild with my boys. Joined this group to learn more about building the car right as well as for parts. Thank you for adding me. Cheers

CharvelGrinder

Hey all. Eddie from TN here with 18/2000. Joined a few years back when searching for a GVR4 to purchase. Someone was always a step ahead when I tried to buy. Found one very close to me and pulled the trigger. I was tired of waiting. I have had a few 1G/2G in the early 2000s. Had my dream car which was an EVO IX. Life got in the way and I had to do what I had to do at the time. Now I am just wanting to take my free time and build this car from A-Z. Just trying to source a fuel tank since this one was without and a lower thermostat housing. I have plenty of other things to keep me busy with this one in the mean time! Thanks for having me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts