The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

90GSX

Howdy all,

Bought this 1990 GSX about a year ago as my first foray into Japanese cars. I've owned a bunch of old American V8 muscle cars before and wanted something different.

I found this car in Phoenix for a fair price and it was very clean with the original dealership window sticker (!). It's from Michigan originally (I have no clue how it ended up in Phoenix) and I bought it from the second owner. It had a blown engine, some hail damage, and a small amount of rust. I bought a used 7 bolt 1G engine and a friend of mine and I swapped the motor in a weekend. I got to enjoy it for a few thousand miles before suffering a timing belt failure. Then I bought a 91 Talon as a parts car, and swapped the engine into the Galant. That motor smoked so badly from consuming oil that it lasted about a month before it got pulled out, and I decided to put ANOTHER used motor in, which proceeded to immediately throw a rod.

IMG_1427.jpgIMG_1448.jpgIMG_1883.jpgIMG_3924.jpgIMG_9115.jpgNQMSE5235.JPGI'm currently putting a 7 bolt back in it to get it back on the road, as I've gotten pretty good at removing the drivetrain at this point. I'm in the process of building the 6 bolt engine up to be more robust and reliable.

I have a bunch of parts I've collected over the last year and I'm excited to have the car back on the road in a week or so and then continue to improve and personalize it. It's very cool to find a group of owners of the same platform to all nerd out together. I will flesh out the build profile for the car as I go and continue to try to post updates!

miller

Hey everyone! I just recently purchased a JDM 1990 Galant Super VR-4 and found this forum as I was doing some research. I've been a car guy since before I could drive, and have a love for pretty much all things automotive. I've always leaned more toward the show car world, and built several show cars when I was younger. One of which was a Lancer OZ Rally which I purchased before EVOs were available in the US, and tried my best to get it to EVO level.

Through my time touring car shows, I became involved with the inner workings and began working with several big event organizers and have continued to do that to this day. Long after I sold my previous cars it has allowed me to stay close to the scene I love. It just didn't make financial sense for me to begin another project while I was busy raising a family. Now that things have slowed down and I'm financially in a better place, I began searching for the next project. I had been looking for quite some time when I stumbled across the VR-4. Being a Mitsubishi guy, I had always loved them but honestly had never considered it as a project for myself. But this thing immediately caught my eye, as it's the most heavily modified one I've ever seen. I loved that it was well built with quality parts, and it's such a rare platform that it turns heads everywhere it goes. During my search I came across a lot of amazing vehicles, but this one truly was "me", so I pulled the trigger.

So far I unfortunately haven't had much time to enjoy it yet, but am looking forward to cruises, meets, shows and more! I'm also excited to connect with other VR-4 owners out there. So feel free to drop me a line anytime!

View attachment 2050

View attachment 2051

View attachment 2052

View attachment 2053

Watched that go to auction and was very tempted!! How is it in real life?

ozlancer1

Watched that go to auction and was very tempted!! How is it in real life?
It's awesome! Very well built, tons of fun to drive and gets a lot of attention everywhere it goes. Had a few small things to address, which most I've already taken care of. Just kind of stinks I didn't get it until the end of the summer. Been trying to enjoy it as much as I can before putting it away for the winter.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Howdy all,

Bought this 1990 GSX about a year ago as my first foray into Japanese cars. I've owned a bunch of old American V8 muscle cars before and wanted something different.

I found this car in Phoenix for a fair price and it was very clean with the original dealership window sticker (!). It's from Michigan originally (I have no clue how it ended up in Phoenix) and I bought it from the second owner.

View attachment 2063

That car was sold in Missouri, not MOichigan. ;)

Angelvr4_

Hello everyone, picked up #125/2000 about a little over a year. been trying to get her running better than ever. Has a few issues here and there. Biggest would be the trans not wanting to go into reverse, and a ps pump squeak at the moment, also got really lucky and found this brand new 3" stainless steel cm performance turbo back exhaust

IMG_20220429_184941.jpg

Snapchat-330393880.jpg

IMG_20220415_171100_01.jpg

received_1142786443185255.jpeg

received_366605928615196.jpegIMG_20211115_173319_103.jpgScreenshot_20211115-112624.jpgIMG_20211115_131243.jpg

Last edited:

turbomister2

I’ve been in and out of dsms for a while but decided to get back into them but it had to be a vr4.
I bought 238/2000 as a project car being that it was rust free in New England but ended up not having the amount of time I thought I had to finish it up and ended up selling it when a friend told me he would sell me 490/2000

A14537A4-7090-45E8-8D13-C4BFF001F960.jpeg

1036A9BD-C298-4999-9134-4EDFCD28C14B.jpeg

B968A65F-18BF-4684-8AF6-153A665BF166.jpeg

35D0A42C-8AAC-48A7-8D6A-2FF8D8963C1E.jpeg

GLSi_EU

Got a 92 MX 2.0DoHC I am thinking of setting it up for a simpler restó mod to make everything as stock as possible

5C92B009-8755-4138-8E5F-3DA2B2611643.jpeg

cpranzo1

Give us a little background about yourself, how you arrived here in the GVR-4 world, and what your plans are with your GVR-4.

If you haven't already, be sure to create a Vehicle Profile for your GVR-4 so it will automatically show up in your signature. Thanks for joining!
Thanks for adding me to this group! My name is Chris and I just picked up a 92 GVR4 . I own a auto repair shop in PA and I worked at a speed shop about 18 years ago and all we worked on was mainly Mustangs and DSM cars. I have been out of the DSM game for a bit but I'm about to dive back in! I've had a few GST Eclipse's and always wanted a GVR4. The girl I just picked up needs some external TLC on the passenger side rocker and needs the engine replaced (came with) . She came with a TON of engine, Transmission and drive train parts. If anyone needs anything stock, engine/transmission/drivetrain related I have a LARGE amount of parts. If I can help you out I will. I am in need of a gas tank, so if anyone can help me out that would be great.
I have everything from blocks, crankshafts, camshafts, ignition coils, mounts, engine brackets, heads, valve covers, xfer cases front and rear axles ect.... let me know if I can help you out. There should be more of these on the road and not the front yard!

ozlancer1

Thanks for adding me to this group! My name is Chris and I just picked up a 92 GVR4 . I own a auto repair shop in PA and I worked at a speed shop about 18 years ago and all we worked on was mainly Mustangs and DSM cars. I have been out of the DSM game for a bit but I'm about to dive back in! I've had a few GST Eclipse's and always wanted a GVR4. The girl I just picked up needs some external TLC on the passenger side rocker and needs the engine replaced (came with) . She came with a TON of engine, Transmission and drive train parts. If anyone needs anything stock, engine/transmission/drivetrain related I have a LARGE amount of parts. If I can help you out I will. I am in need of a gas tank, so if anyone can help me out that would be great.
I have everything from blocks, crankshafts, camshafts, ignition coils, mounts, engine brackets, heads, valve covers, xfer cases front and rear axles ect.... let me know if I can help you out. There should be more of these on the road and not the front yard!
Hello to a fellow Pennsylvanian! Welcome to the group!

reisjsr

Hi everyone, I’m Josh in Kentucky. I’ve been wanting a VR4 forever but when I sold my first house bought the other car I’ve wanted forever, a Grand National. I got it and ran 9’s and subsequently blew my engine up and with parts these days I may be waiting a year for my engine to get done at the machine shop so I bought #942/2000. She needs a lot of work but I’m going to restore it. Glad to be here!

HCF

Hey guys. My name is Johnathan. I have been building DSMs since 05. I struggled over the years with finishing projects with intentions that were never met. I bounced around in the Army for 12 years but some how kept my passion alive. I recently sold a talon that I didn't finish.... go figure lol. I happened to look through FB market place .....and behold a non running, mint condition (ish) 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 18/2000. I jumped on it and now I'm leaning on it introducing my self here haha. I plan to restore what's needed and build this car into a daily sleeper. I would love to finally make my way to the shoot out this following year with a lot of work completed on the VR4. I plan to record the process and share with others to keep the passion alive! Please reach out to me. I don't know it all and I learn something new everyday. The car showed up this morning from a shipping company. I can't get away from it.1926E2DF-EC33-498E-81EE-BC0BAB7D14FC.jpeg

Ludachris

Administrator
Hey guys. My name is Johnathan. I have been building DSMs since 05. I struggled over the years with finishing projects with intentions that were never met. I bounced around in the Army for 12 years but some how kept my passion alive. I recently sold a talon that I didn't finish.... go figure lol. I happened to look through FB market place .....and behold a non running, mint condition (ish) 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 18/2000. I jumped on it and now I'm leaning on it introducing my self here haha. I plan to restore what's needed and build this car into a daily sleeper. I would love to finally make my way to the shoot out this following year with a lot of work completed on the VR4. I plan to record the process and share with others to keep the passion alive! Please reach out to me. I don't know it all and I learn something new everyday. The car showed up this morning from a shipping company. I can't get away from it.View attachment 2543
Welcome and thanks for sharing the build here rather than on FecesBook.

diambo4life

Welcome. Share your build on here. There's lots that can be done to these cars (ahem) if you spend enough time and money on them. :D

thejoeB

Hi! New GVR4 owner here. I bought boosttuner’s ‘92 Galant VR4 a couple months ago. I have been hard at lurk on the forum here since I found out that car was parked at my friends house about a year ago. So, after obtaining #790/1000, I decided to join the fray in person and actually introduce myself. I will probably be asking many questions as this is my first VR4 or 4G63 powered vehicle. I have always loved working on cars, specifically 90s era Japanese and European cars. I’ve owned several Subarus in the past and currently own a BMW E30. I am excited to be a member here and to have such a wealth of knowledge about the Gallant VR4 available. I hope to be tearing the motor down for a rebuild with some forged internals and doing some drivetrain/transmission maintenance and upgrades starting in the next couple months. This should be fun.

resilva

Hi
I've been a member of the DSM on line community since 1996 and a member of DSM tuners since 2004.

Wanted to be able to post, search and chat with GVR4.org members.

Paid $18,300 for my '93 Talon TSi in March of 1993.
Bought it new with 6 miles on it, it was also 8 days old when I bought it.
Drove it as my daily driver from new in March 1993 until Dec 2019.

Starting in Jan 2020 I still drive it for fun or short trips.

Current mileage as of Oct. 2022 is 241,083

Legitimately passes CA smog every 2 years including earlier this year.

-Richard Silva-
'93 Talon TSi
O.G. Talon Digest member 96-2002
O.G. SoCal Club DSM member

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts