The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Jglines84

Hey everyone , lurked for years and have had two gvr4s. I currently am down to 1 (420/1000) acquired in June of last year. It sat for 6 years before I picked it up in pieces so I’m super proud of where it’s at today considering the time. Mods are as follows:

Built motor and head
Fp black
5 lug swap , new bearings
Evo 8 wheels
Dsmlink (currently street tuned)
2200cc alpha Injectors
4 bolt rear
Jnz abs delete , 4ws delete
3kgt vr4 front brakes with Volk brackets

I’m sure I’m forgetting a ton but in a quick intro that’s where I’m at. Feel free to follow me on Instagram: 420gvr4

EEC5531F-76F0-40DE-AEC8-473889A7D123.jpeg

Ludachris

Administrator
Please do add a profile for that car in the Member Cars section:

Jglines84

Please do add a profile for that car in the Member Cars section:
Added. Looking forward to doing some contributing after all my lurking over the years. Big props to the site and all the members. Our community is hands down one of the best.

Toyo~Bishi

Miss my old vr4!

Hoping to find another one in good condition to build for daily use and abuse

Jakeofnz12

Give us a little background about yourself, how you arrived here in the GVR-4 world, and what your plans are with your GVR-4.

If you haven't already, be sure to create a Vehicle Profile for your GVR-4 so it will automatically show up in your signature. Thanks for joining!
Hello VR-4 Community,

My name is Jake and my first car was a 1995 White Galant. Have always wanted a VR-4 and currently on the hunt!

Bre0088

driving my moms car now. I plan on owning a galant by end of summer . right now #381 is for sale and i’m hoping it’s still for sale after summer ends. it’s kind of high mileage but eventually i would rebuild anywyas until then i’ll be on the hunt.

Ray92

Hello my name is Scott I’m new to the forum and new to these cars. I had a gst eclipse when I was younger but today I picked up my 1992 galant 605/1000 I drove it all the way home from Chicago to the fort Campbell Kentucky area and it did amazing

ADD411B0-E402-48A4-8B9B-55A71DB4DB83.jpeg

12EB4AE1-11AA-4F08-9F8F-B42E2E72A3B2.jpeg

Nchinea117

Give us a little background about yourself, how you arrived here in the GVR-4 world, and what your plans are with your GVR-4.

If you haven't already, be sure to create a Vehicle Profile for your GVR-4 so it will automatically show up in your signature. Thanks for joining!
Hello everyone my name is Nick and I’m looking for a clean VR-4 for sale. Had a couple Evo’s back in the day

Jacare

Hey guys!

My name is Rodney and I'm on the hunt for my first Mitsubishi. I first discovered the vr4 back in 2010 and was really close to buying one around the same time, but I bought an AE86 instead.
I wish I remembered the number. It was a white 91 in the San Jose area. I believe the kid was Filipino and we met at the Boiling Crab parking lot in the middle of the week.

Almost came close a second time back in 2018, but I bought a supermoto since I didn't have a garage to store a project car.

I'm finally at the point in my life where I could afford and store a project vehicle to learn a bit about the DSM/Mitsu platform. Moved to a state with more relaxed smog and emission laws so I'm all in.

Looking for a VR4 in Texas, or surrounding areas, but I'm willing to purchase in a different region if the right example presents itself. As close to running as possible, please.

A little about what I drive now:
2014 ford fiesta ST, lightly modded as it is my daily
-Gutted interior, exhaust, intake, and a RMM with a tune

Bikes:
4 different flavors of Derbi Sendas in supermoto trim
I currently own 1 of 24 imported DRD edition with an OEM 72cc kit, my pride and joy

Jacare

Does the AE86 still exist? What a cool car....its tiny beside a GVR4!
Yes it does. Sold it after I needed a bigger car. One of my biggest regrets in life for sure. The person who has it now swapped in a 3s-Gte out of some JDM Toyota and it completely rips.

Does anyone here have any information on 590/2000? Was in Oklahoma prior to being sold to a guy in Texas.

Hey, I'm Martin.

Been a car enthusiast most of my life, and a technician for over 20 years, have had ASE master, Kia master elite, VW, and Chrysler certifications as well as tons of other random training and a AS from Ivy Tech in my home town. Just bought my first GVR4 after years and years of wanting one. Previously autocrossed a N/A 98 Impreza and a 94 Miata, also had a Talon 6 bolt with only paint/suspension/tire mods which I was about to start digging into motor wise and then got engaged. Long story short the woman didn't like the car so I got rid of it, should have kept it because now both are gone and I miss the car more. In any case certainly not making the same mistake again. My glacier white(I think that's the fancy name for the color) 1644 already has a pretty stout motor and a good bit of other stuff done to it. My plans are bigger injectors, a bigger turbo, and a re-tune(I really want do dive deep into the DSM/ECU link stuff and learn more about it) Shooting for mid 400's so I can keep it street. The suspension also needs some freshening up, some nicer looking wheels, and to top it off I'm really seriously wanting to go with a panda paint job (Bottom 1/4-1/3 black rest white) like they did on those old 86'es you guys were just talking about a few posts up. I know it's a little Initial-D cheezy but whatever I like it.

ozlancer1

Hey everyone! I just recently purchased a JDM 1990 Galant Super VR-4 and found this forum as I was doing some research. I've been a car guy since before I could drive, and have a love for pretty much all things automotive. I've always leaned more toward the show car world, and built several show cars when I was younger. One of which was a Lancer OZ Rally which I purchased before EVOs were available in the US, and tried my best to get it to EVO level.

Through my time touring car shows, I became involved with the inner workings and began working with several big event organizers and have continued to do that to this day. Long after I sold my previous cars it has allowed me to stay close to the scene I love. It just didn't make financial sense for me to begin another project while I was busy raising a family. Now that things have slowed down and I'm financially in a better place, I began searching for the next project. I had been looking for quite some time when I stumbled across the VR-4. Being a Mitsubishi guy, I had always loved them but honestly had never considered it as a project for myself. But this thing immediately caught my eye, as it's the most heavily modified one I've ever seen. I loved that it was well built with quality parts, and it's such a rare platform that it turns heads everywhere it goes. During my search I came across a lot of amazing vehicles, but this one truly was "me", so I pulled the trigger.

So far I unfortunately haven't had much time to enjoy it yet, but am looking forward to cruises, meets, shows and more! I'm also excited to connect with other VR-4 owners out there. So feel free to drop me a line anytime!

Photo-Jul-27-5-42-53-PM-scaled.jpg

Photo-Jul-27-5-28-47-PM-scaled.jpg

Photo-Jul-27-5-29-45-PM-scaled.jpg

Photo-Jul-27-5-33-51-PM-scaled.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts