The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to the board

Hey, I'm Mark. I found my way here because I just purchased a 91 GGSX. I don't know what I want to do with it yet but the price was right so I bought it anyway. Ultimately, I will probably turbo it simply because I have enough spare parts in my garage to make it happen. I wish I could've found a vr4 instead of a gsx but vr4's are very hard to come by in this country - or so it seems.

I also own a 92 TSI AWD and an 89 Dodge Colt turbo hatchback (

fivestardsm

Welcome! It looks Good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

From what I have read up on the GSX's, they are harder to come by then the VR4's as in production #'s anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I have one also along with my VR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

Jesh

well you would need to change the pistons to lower your compression ratio, and through a turbocharger on it, and then ask someone else cuz i have feeling that the computer in the gsx won't work with a turbo. and yeah if you can get a 1G tel (talon, eclipse, laser) rear axle AKA a 4bolt rear. and through that in cuz the stock rear isn't very strong, i think the rear in the gsx and the vr4 are the same. i dk... ask someone else here. i'm not sure. and i think the fuel injectors are different sizes too.

raptorWagon

^ your reply hurts my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
I believe he knows what a 1G is, as he a 92' TSI AWD, also not all 1Gs had a 4 bolt rear differential. Please think your post through as far as grammer and spelling.

To the OP, the reason that combo won't work is the final drive ratio of the GGSX transmission and Rear differential are different than on the turbo cars. Yes, you are correct to assume that the stock transmission is weaker than the turbo counterpart and would highly be recommended for the swap. I take it from what you have said, you have already read through the archives and understand what else you would need for the swap so I won't go further. Good job on that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Welcome to the board, but please keep in mind these cars are pure blood Mitsubishis and not DSMs(DSMs were based off the galant platform, thus would explain why we can use both 1g, 2g, and Evo parts). Just warning you, some of the older hardcore guys here get all fired up when you call the VR4s DSMs, which well they clearly aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armitage

Welcome to the board. Do all GGSXs have the JDM-style fenders with signal lights on em? I don't remember ever seeing that before.

Quoting raptorreed:
Welcome to the board, but please keep in mind these cars are pure blood Mitsubishis and not DSMs(DSMs were based off the galant platform, thus would explain why we can use both 1g, 2g, and Evo parts). Just warning you, some of the older hardcore guys here get all fired up when you call the VR4s DSMs, which well they clearly aren't.

Haha, fair enough. Thanks for the warning.
I threw another pic in here for good measure. My Colt (rebadged as a Mitsu Mirage) and my Talon hiding in the background.

DSC02167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

+1 on the fenders with the markers.
That colt is damn sexy if you ask me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Very tasteful. How about some engine bay pics?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned