The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to site / new owner.

I have known about dsm's forever and put the galant off as that 2 year oddball offshoot I read about looking at parts. Finally checked one out and it impressed me, so I bought #1821 off another member here. I still need to pay the balance on the car and get it going, but for technical work this site will prove invaluable.

Other than that I do tree work currently, I have worked as an apprentice machinist, metal fabricator / welder, carpenter, etc etc
I'm still good friends with a good machinist who's built a few 3kgts which is very handy.

I would like to make 1821 a 300awhp+ dd.

Yes I know mitsubishi's are for masochistic people who would rather spend all their time and money on a 20 year old car than a girlfriend or family or other smart things but I like this one.

DR1665

Good for you. Welcome to the fray.

Lesson #1: It's not a DSM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bmxkid415

Welcome!

Lesson #2 Summit White IS the fastest (not belize green)

Last edited:

spooling92vr4

But according to Jack Burns geniuses pick green... Welcome we like to see pictures.

dewman

Quoting gutdeer:
Yes I know mitsubishi's are for masochistic people who would rather spend all their time and money on a 20 year old car than a girlfriend or family or other smart things but I like this one.

That's just not true...we LET our wives/girlfriends/life partners spend their OWN money on themselves. It's better that way

transparentdsm

The motors in these cars are amazing. if your looking for 300 aw all day you can do that. i have a 92 laser awd with 325 and i drive it all the time. its just a matter of spending the money to make it right the first time and... read lots of forums. check out the dsm ones for real good detailed instructions on how to do things and how to solve problems like high oil pressure issues, random oil leaks from bolts and manifold studs. it might not be a dsm but the motors are the same, i do hve to say the aws is a little more fun then not having it. take your time and try to keep from getting frustrated... i spent the last year building mine and i couldnt be happier with what i have made and im still not done yet. need me that big turbo, real suspension and the body work to be finished.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts