The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to forum.

Boostin_AWD

Thought I should finally introduce myself. My name is Kelley. I bought 900/1000 back in december. First gvr4 but I also have a built 1g talon and an evo 8. My wife and I put 20k on the evo last year so I figured we better get another grocery getter. Car is super clean for 250k. Justin had some pictures posted from when he owned it. Its been through two other owners since him and they really tried driving this thing into the ground. I'm in the process of bringing her back. Has a fresh engine the previous owner paid to have built and installed right before I bought it. I've thrown a ported e3 16g on it and have quite a few other parts waiting. 4bolt, 5 lug swap, 255 and afpr. Let me tell you its definitely a handful having more than one project car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nsin

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AWDPower

Welcome. Having more then one project car is tough. The trick is to make sure only one is down at a given time. I own entirely too many jack stands. Fortunately, my GVR4 isn't sitting on any right now.

Boostin_AWD

Hahah yeah that is some good advise. Up till last night everything was running and driving. Put the evo on stands and tore the suspension down because a guy wanted the struts but then he flaked. In the end I needed the motivation to down my baby so its ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jnava

Staff member
Sounds like you have the correct mindset about our cars. Restore, rebuild, and then have a blast, just not always in that order. Post some pics of your gvr4 and welcome to the Org.

Chi271

Welcome fellow gvr4 brethren!

Boostin_AWD

Quoting jnava:
Sounds like you have the correct mindset about our cars. Restore, rebuild, and then have a blast, just not always in that order. Post some pics of your gvr4 and welcome to the Org.

Hahaha pretty much the same routine as a dsm. Ill get some decent pictures taken and posted.

GSX_TC

Welcome to the org, Now post some pics.

Boostin_AWD

I took some pictures yesterday. Car is the dd so she is a little dirty at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jnava

Staff member
Great car and I dig the HKS intake canister.

transparentdsm

she looks like she likes being dirty... nice car and welcome to the community. i know how having projects is.. i have 3 GVR4's and a 2G GST. something is always not running or 2 or 3 of them.

BpuVR4

that thing looks pristine...and yea the HKS can looks nice. everything looks pretty unhacked. please tell me a/c still works? I'd be so jealous.

GSX_TC

I spy, JDM pre facelift clear corners, 93 headlights, 91 wheels, A DSM valve cover, a hack job pipe for the hot side of the piping, HKS intake, and an Oreillys Super start premium 2 year warranty battery lol.

Nice pick up, thanks for posting the pics.

Last edited:

Boostin_AWD

Hahahaha hack job pipe came from a previous owner who put a t25 on then the next owner had to rig it for a super nice ebay 16g. Been trying to source a stock or quality hard pipe but no one has one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

prove_it

I sent you a PM about a stock pipe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts