The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New shoes for 136

NateCrisman

Weight? (most important spec)

Lonewolf64

I can't say that I'm a fan of 18's on gvr4s at all, and those wheels don't really go well with the car in my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

talon

To each thier own, as my dad always says.

They looked sick on the Talon they came off of. I traded my friend a set of 18" Ray's G-Games (bronze w/ chrome lip). The Ray's didnt look good on the car at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Those don't look like shoes to me, more like flip flops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I also think 18's are too big but its your car and you can do whatever you want. What size tire are you putting on them?

talon

I think the tires are 235/40/18, but I could be wrong!

I've ran 18's on most of my TEL's with no regrets or problems. This being my first Galant, I figured it would be no different. Is there a reason you guys think 18's are too big?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I think that most 18's out there are too heavy and if you plan on keeping your stock brakes I hate the look of big rims and small brake rotors.

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting NateCrisman:

Probably 95 lbs. Would have to see her naked to make a better estimate.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

blacksheep

Quoting turbowop:
This is also where most people give the details on what they got. You know, diameter, width, brand, etc?

sexual innuendo thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

prove_it

Quoting Hertz:
Quoting NateCrisman:

Probably 95 lbs. Would have to see her naked to make a better estimate.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

^1, so would that go under technical or anything goes?

vr4play

I have 18's on one of my Galants and they still look small on the car. I have 17's on the other Galant and it's hard to tell the differance. I bought them cause they were cheap and looked good on the car. I am always harassing customers for having big wheels on their cars but these car are big enough for eighteens when daily driven. Too big for track events though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts