The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New problem

twonineseven

So I got my ECU back today I plug it in and now the car will crank but not start up. But before i sent the ECU out it would crank and start but then immediately die if i took my foot off the gas. And when I put my friends ECU in my car from his VR-4 it started right up and idled fine. Any thoughts?

Diego

Who did the work?.... if they have a warrenty seal or sticker send it back and tell them of the problems... if no sticker xrack it open and look for loose caps oor if the chips are fimly in place.

twonineseven

I did some further investigation and i think the line on the right goes to the cooler line, and the one on the top left is the one that runs to the rear.. i just need to find the other line to cap.

twonineseven

Could anyone chime in and let this newb know the quick temporary way to block off the 4ws to the rear just so I am able to drive to work.

AnotherNewb

Click Here

This will tell you about the rear lines and has part#'s for the caps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

twonineseven

Yea I know that thread from another member post above... You can block off the lines from the reservoir for a quick temporary fix. I just dont have a lift or a jack to get underneath my car.

AnotherNewb

If you can't get under the car, then you can't block off the rear steer. Get a jack, get ramps, go to a shop and use their ramps. If you cant find the caps you can weld the lines shut. But at some point you are going to be on your back underneath the car.

Are you trying to delete the 4WS or just plug it to get you by until you can fix it?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts