The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New power-adder for #931

NateCrisman

452704572_pmvbV-L.jpg

452704839_cqxQN-L.jpg

I need to find some small items to complete the kit. I picked it up with some bartering, and just have to deal with the wiring and some missing/wrong fittings:
a set of ball ferrels on the pipe to distribution block fittings are missing and the inlet fittings for the solonoids need to be changed to -4 to fit the lines I have. The kit was never actually used. I also need to pull the noids apart and check the seals to make sure they aren't contaminated from sitting open for a couple years. Obviously will check them out with bottle pressure/fuel pressure before the intake is installed in the spring.

It came with .018/.024 jets for 120hp, should be a nice complement to my current 16G "typical streetcar" setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I need naawwwwwzzzzz!

NateCrisman

It's seriously a very bad addiction.

icurunnin

"runnin a 250 shot of nawwz" Fast and the Furious style son!!
We know how much your running without even looking at your pills/jets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

fivestardsm

Looks nice.

Steve.

G

Staff member

fivestardsm

OMFG!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
I could have lived with out that flashback!!

Steve.

CarRacer

I'd upgrade the bolts holding your floor pan in to prevent it from flying off of your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Looks like a nice purchase/trade, those hard lines make those setups look great.

Polish

Direct Port Wins.

NateCrisman

Man, and endless line of F&F. Ha, didn't expect that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Yeah, direct port FTW. In my opinion, there's no much point for me to install a single fogger, as I'll end up at 100-125hp jets anyway. The 18/24 jetting is super conservative rich for 37psi fuel pressure. When I had those jets in my talon that was tuned for 12.0 AF, my first runs with the direct port were off the chart rich in the 9's but still picked up 11mph on a much faster car (131mph turbo onlybto 142mph on first n20 pass.) So, Im not worried about starting out with 120hp jets and that's usually the thing people are concerned with on a 4 port setup (minimum shot).

I would guess my current setup should do a 12.5@110 to 12.2@113 with stars aligned and this kit would get me to the 124-125mph range which should be plenty of mph to get myself booted for lack of safety equipment.

The only bad thing is if it's literally in the 9's for AF, Ill have no choice but to go to .026 or .028 nitrous jets to lean it out or drop the fuel pressure a significant amount. And Im not so sure a totally stock 6bolt is going to hold a 300hp 16g setup + 150hp of spray so I'm likely going to have to do all all of the above within reason and still run it stupid rich.

But yeah, Im pretty psyched with the deal. I think Im going to plan to install the intake in the spring when I do a Tbelt/BSE kit and have one side of the motor all apart for more access.

Last edited:

curtis

Quoting NateCrisman:
It's seriously a very bad addiction.

Wait till you start looking into a refill station pump and the big bottle in the garage....That's when you know its got stupid.

NateCrisman

I actually had a refill pump back in 2003, when I was running DSMotorsport. I got it on a whim and never used it, and sold it when I closed shop in 06. Honestly, if I go through a few bottles a year with my GVR4 that would be alot. It's only going to be used at the dragstrip every once it a while. Besides, without a rollbar making runs on the spray might end up being a "once a night" kinda thing.

curtis

And whats wrong with getting kicked off the track for going to fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

NateCrisman

Nothing, that's actually my goal. I was able to knock down alot of mid and low 11's in my Evo8 before actually getting the boot at Englishtown. They let me run a couple 11.4's but an 11.2 ended my night. Had the same luck at my local track, Island Dragway. They kinda let me get away with murder there, atleast when I was going with my cars nearly every friday night. (run in the slick line, got my own staging lane sometimes when it was crowded.)

The good thing about a "too fast" nitrous car is that it's still kinda fun to run it without the bottle. Ideally I can work on the launch and tune for a couple runs off the bottle and when everything is in the groove, open it up on the last couple passes. Doing that with a turbo only car is kinda pita to "detune" it with adjusting the boost and adjusting the tune again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned