The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NEW PEOPLE PLEASE READ

bigblock4g63

I am REposting this because it seems that people are still doing business with DSM Graveyard ?? SVO shows you what NOT to do to a 4G63..

click

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

DSM Graveyard.......GUY has no clue what the f*** he is doing.

EHmotorsports

Ya I think there is a bad guy thread made for DSM GY. But I have heard many shady things.

jnava

Staff member
Wow....just wow.

G

Staff member

snailspool

As a devils advocate, this block may have been built long ago, abused, and rebuilt once or multiple times by another shop, or person. A signature will stay for the life of the engine, and does not mean that they were the last to touch it. Just sayin'

BogusSVO

Snail spool, I can understand what you are saying. It can hold true in some cases, but not in this one.

The guy who bought the long block assembly bought it right from dsmgraveyard about 3 years ago, and put 2000 or less miles on it. The engine went out about a year and a half ago. I have had the shortblock on an engine stand for about 8 months.

The way it came to my shop is fairly simple, there is a local guy that wrenches on 2g DSMs and has bought at least 6 short blocks from me, and I can not say how many heads. He got the nod to pull the engine and see what happened to it. He found the endplay issue and brought it to me, and used it as a core for one of my short blocks.

I even called dsmgraveyard with the number that was etched on the side of the block, and they told me when it was built and the cost ($4200 IIRC)

bigblock4g63

I have a long block here that DSM GY build didnt make it 500 miles and the block is junk. After breaking it down it looks alot like the motor SVO posted. But even better the motherf*r put 2 diff brands of H beam rods in this motor. I am going to try and help this guy out as he is a vet.

Redwood

I'M NOT REALLY SURPRISED TO SEE THIS FROM THIS SHOP. ITS IN A LITTLE HOLE IN THE WALL BUILDING IN THE GHETTO OF KALAMAZOO. THEY DO ALL OF THERE WORK RIGHT NEXT TO THE GRINDERS AND MILLS. NO CLEAN ROOM FOR FRESH BUILDS OR JUST REFRESHING A MOTOR. THE MAIN GUY JOHN SEEMS ALRIGHT JUST NOT A VERY GOOD SHOP FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN. I GOT A FEW THINGS FROM THEM AND IT TOOK ME FOR EVER TO GET, WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN STOCK. THAT'S JUST CRAZY THAT THERE BLOCKS DON'T MAKE IT 2000 MILES. GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE THAT BOUGHT A BLOCK FROM THEM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

prove_it

Yea, have a beer and calm down.

Redwood

lol sorry i use autoCAD all day. i forget to turn it off sometimes.. lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned