The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New paint

curtis

^Damn it that was it. Me and 4 others went hungry all day and showed up there about 5 and by 9 they run us out we had like 150 of those little red and white trays of shrimp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That was a fun college year, getting ran off of the slopes of wolf laurel by ski patrol, weekly college dances followed by frat parties at Mars Hill, UNCA, ETSU, App, even went to a big one at east carolina one weekend. Not alot of studying but good times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GVR-4

Update: The car was sprayed tonight in the community college paint booth and the other parts were sprayed earlier in the week at the guys shop. If time permits I might be able to pick it up on Thursday and I can start putting it back together. I'll post up some pics as soon as I get it together, but it will still need some satin black sprayed on the trim from a rattle can. We will see...

Last edited:

GVR-4

Update: The car is done and I will be picking it up tomorrow. Pics to come soon...
headbang.gif

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

evo8ya

awesome! Can't wait to see it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1990ggsxnj

Quoting GVR-4:
Update: The car was sprayed tonight in the community college paint booth and the other parts were sprayed earlier in the week at the guys shop. If time permits I might be able to pick it up on Thursday and I can start putting it back together. I'll post up some pics as soon as I get it together, but it will still need some satin black sprayed on the trim from a rattle can. We will see...

Can't wait to see it. Good luck with the rattle can, I helped paint a hood with one and it wasn't too bad as long as the can wasn't too close.

Quoting GVR-4:
Can't polish a turd.

ACTUALLY! Myth Busters did. Shinier than polished metal...it was a pretty turd.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GVR-4

Well it's home after slapping on just enough parts (bumpers and lights) to drive it the ~20 miles to get back here. It needs to be assembled, washed and the inside cleaned up. It also needs to be cut and buffed, but I'm not concerned with that right now. I'll wait to post pics once I get it together and washed. Frankly if I have the choice of spending my limited free time taking pics or putting the car back together, I'll be putting the car back together. Mark, the door handles look awesome, but I've only installed one so far.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

GVR-4

Here are a few (admittedly poor quality) pics I snapped. Still some work to do, but overall I'm happy.

evo8ya

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Looks great! What did you use for the chrome trim? were you able to find a black/aftermarket one that fit?

GVR-4

Thanks. The trim was something the body guy bought, cut to fit, prepped, spayed adhesion promoter on, painted and installed. My guess is it was black to start with. I'm not sure where he got it.

If you could find out where to get that trim piece, I'm in need of replacing mines, or maybe I'll just spray it black like the rest of the trim on my car. Though since parts of mines is scraped up I'd like to just straight up replace em'.

jepherz

Staff member
I used 3m trim tape on my black car to make it black because my stock trim was peeling etc. That's an option too.

G

Staff member
Looks good except for the orange peel on the hood.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts