The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New paint

GVR-4

I went out to the guys place today and (of course) forgot my camera. My father-in-law went with me and took some pics with his phone. I'll post them up once he downloads them. All the body work is done and it just needs to be wet sanded and then sprayed. I can't wait.

Last edited:

pachood_1953

Quoting Sean92AWD:
Quoting G:
^ You have any experience with glasurit?

I never like spraying glasurit it seemed too always orange peel and not lay flat. I sprayed Sikkens at the shop i managed and its probably the best out there.

I think House of Kolors clear is just awesome. It sprays incredibly nice, and lays out really well. You could give the gun to a 2 year old and they could have it come out nice, its very very forgiving. I have seen novice painters come out with great results.

But, even though we use Sikkens, I havent sprayed it myself. I stick to what I know when I paint, which is typically dupont or HOK. But even our painter sprayed the HOK clear when we did the race car and said it was the nicest clear he's sprayed.

Sorry for the Derail.

dmj

DuPont and their economical brand Nason works excellent I had my hearse sprayed with du pont about 7 years ago and it still looks like it was sprayed yesterday, excellent product.Since then i have used their products on several of my cars for bumper ,hood and other small paint jobs.

pachood_1953

^^ In college we sprayed tons and tons of Nason, and a bit of dupont as well. I really didnt mind nason, and for half the price you really cant go wrong on a non show-car that is going to be garaged..I was told it would look really good (as a daily driver, in the sun every day) for 4 years until it began to fade. There is NO warranty on nason, like the lifetime warranty you get with dupont or other big names.

I have done COMPLETE paintjobs with nason for just over 400.

evo8ya

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Macco president day sale, At $299 you cant beat it at all. Unless you want a show car.

I hope you're joking haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

GVR-4

Update: The car and all the individual parts have been wet sanded and it's almost ready to be sprayed. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post up within the next two weeks or so. I will be doing all the reassembly myself.

Looks awsome! 159 needs a good paint job. I got a nasty rust spot starting out at the top passengers window

beaner

Quoting evo8ya:
I hope you're joking haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Local painted his 1g at Macco after spending only 300 bucks. It looked OEM. I'll forever remember it.

I think it just depends on which one you go to honestly.

3rdstrikedsm

I have seen some macco jobs turn out really good.

curtis

Quoting cspetros:
^^Another Ashevillian? Identify yourself!

Now there's 4 in the mountains /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Everytime I go through there to see my parents I'm always watching for Dave's car and only saw a VR-4 once when I went home to see my Dad at Mission after his heart attack in 2000. I was pulling in to the hospital and Dave I guess was at the red light about two cars up from me.

Hey is that all you can eat seafood place still on the Leicester highway? We use to raid that place at least once a month when I was going to school at Mars Hill.

cspetros

If you'd like some help with the reassembly, just holler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

GVR-4

Quoting curtis:
Hey is that all you can eat seafood place still on the Leicester highway? We use to raid that place at least once a month when I was going to school at Mars Hill.

Not sure which one you mean, Curtis. But I don't get out much.

cspetros

Quoting curtis:
Quoting cspetros:
^^Another Ashevillian? Identify yourself!

Now there's 4 in the mountains /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Are you talking about Calabash West? If so, its still there!

Sorry to say, but Calabash West is gone! It is now a Mexican restaurant. We miss it too!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts