The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new owner of vr4 with issues.

New owner, Just rebuilt engine from ground up vr4 cyclone . New pistons con rods etc port and polished head. Now i dont know why the engine has both recirculated and atmosphere bov's what effects would that have. And my car is manual and the ecu installed is a 8617 box. Is that right? Thanks inadvance.

Number996

Use search, we're big fans of using the search button.

Your ecu is most likely any 91-93 dsm ecu but could be a 90 dsm ecu with a rewire or a 91-92 gvr4 ecu. Break it open and search ecu threads to identify which and if its chipped for link.

Cyclone is the type of intake plenum you have not engine, your engine is a 4g63t (most likely a 6 bolt)

Engines runnig stock ecu or link with a MAF should have recirculated BOV or your engines going to do some qwerky stuff (like mine, ha)
and non recirculated are used when running speed density (no recirculation required)

Welcome to the board!

galant651

if your running a stock MAF it HAS to be recirculated, if its not it will run very rich and cause damage. plus you should check out the sticky for the ecu caps

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts