The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 91 VR4

HollywoodHalo560

Hello All,
I am the new owner of a 91 White VR4 number 287/2000, She has about 163K on her and is in need of some repairs but I plan on taking my time and nursing her back to shape. I have a pretty decent past in 4G Vehicles including:
First car was 94 Galant GS with the 4G64
Almost bought my first VR4 as my second car but it turned out to be a basket case (lots of rust, blown shocks, bad ECU, and motor blew shortly after it was sold to someone else)
Then a 92 Eclipse GSX White that went from daily with bolt ons for a couple years to a full on build (parted and sold when I was getting married)
Lastly a 90 Eclipse GSX White that I bought after previous owner jumping timing, fixed, and daily drove till selling before moving to Chicago.
I have been looking for a VR4 for a very long time but things never seemed to align for me until now. She currently is at the best possible place for her under temporary guardianship, with one of my best friends who is also a VR4 owner, until I have a garage and can relocate her to the North Chicago area. Glad to be finally a fellow owner here at galantvr4.org. Thanks for reading,
Cheers

91 VR4

92 GSX

90 GSX

EMX5636

Welcome! I also come from a line of white Mitsubishi's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bobdole

Welcome.

G

Staff member
If it ain't white it ain't right. (no confederate flag graemlin)

HollywoodHalo560

Quick update. First report car on the car is rear brakes are locked up and front are in overall poor condition, it will need tires, the block is non-turbo and the rear wheel steering lines are leaking. I have already picked up EBC green stuff pads for front and back, new calipers for the rear, drilled and slotted rotors for the front, slotted for the rear, as well as a Center force dual friction clutch, and a rebuild clutch pedal assembly and brass bushings. Will probably end up deleting the rear steering to fix that problem, and I am working with my friend to pick up one of his spare turbo 6 bolt blocks, crank, and a set of 2G pistons. Going to build up a mostly stock engine and swap. Will try to keep things updated as I go. Now a few more pictures:

Pickup

Current Living Arrangement:

OpticalPhenom

Fits right in there. What is it with DSM guys like us? Can't ever have just 1. Have to have 2 minimum and a garage full of parts. Congrats on the car.

The silver Colt in the background of the first pictures was mine (just the 4G15); as well as 287. I sold both in order to get out of the hellhole place I was in and move across the country. I couldn't be happier with where 287 is now, but the Colt I let go for too cheap to an old perv.

blue64tsi

Who is this mystery mechanic/temporary owner. With the 421hp colt and that badass green galant#794/1000 and a turbo galant Gsx conversion?? Lmao... Think I know him 😉

blue64tsi

I haven't really ever introduced myself on here...maybe I need to do that sometime... In case everyone didn't catch the joke. That's my house and yes my colt and green and gold galants lol.

OpticalPhenom

I've not seen one done in person. How is the fitment? Picture looks pretty good.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts