The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 814/2000

Hello everyone. My name is William. I picked up 814/2000 from Egalloway a little while ago and am just now joining up on the forums. I've been into the DSM scene since I could first drive, and finally found a Galant VR4 after years of looking. Onto the car.
Here is some back story. I've got a 97 GSX that I'm in the process of doing a 2.3LR 6466 build and restore, but juat had a newborn son and wife demands I need a backseat so I had to put the GSX on the back
burner and find something more child friendly. I've always wanted a Galant VR4 but never found any local, and the ones I seen on Craigslist were outrageously priced. That leads me to my new purchase. Here it is. 814/2000. The car carries a salvage title because it was involved in a hail storm.
When I picked the car up it wasn't running right, massive boost leak somewhere. Here is a list of all mods on the car.
Chassis has 160k on it, motor/trans mileage is unknown but not original.
Mods:
720 injectors
BC springs and retainers
Honda civic half radiator
punishment racing 02 housing
tial 38mm external wastegate with dump tube
PTE 5431e turbo
2g MAF
3in turbo back exhaust
wally 255 fuel pump
Keydiver chip setup for 720 injectors
Starion FMIC
new timing belt and head gasket
Forced performance intake tube
Also found these parts in the trunk uninstalled.
ACT clutch
AEM Wideband O2 gauge and boost gauge
SS turbo drain line
battery relocation kit

Future plans:
VRSF 1g FMIC Kit
Mitsu MLS headgasket and ARP studs.
5 lug swap
4bolt rear and 4ws delete.
F&R subframe and suspension bushings.
Coilovers
Evo interior swap
Bodywork/Repaint
Get the car to Daily status.

Then after the 5431 gives in and blows my plans will be FP black and DSMlink with some bigger injectors.

92_talon_awd

Welcome to the .org man. Lets get some pics

It's pretty much disassembled right now, awaiting FMIC Kit and about to get a repaint, but I'll post a full build thread when I get things situated, had to
move in a 2 day notice so still getting things sorted out.

92_talon_awd

Nice, looks like we got 4 white ones running around here now haha

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts