The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 814/2000

I am a DSMer at heart and own a 95 GSX 11 second car. I built that over the last 2 years and thought it was time for me to really dig in to the GSX so I was going to need a new DD. I searched and looked at other DSMs. Mind you my budget was only $2k, so a GVR4 was NOT something I could get into and if it was.. it was going to be a pile to say the least. After a few weeks I noticed a GVR4 for sale for cheap! I figured it was sold but sent a PM anyway. To my surprise it was not sold and I started asking more questions and for some pictures of said car. Was told it had a blown HG and was only running on 3 cylinders. I figured it was a simple fix for me so I went for it!

Well I picked it up 3 weeks ago in what I would consider good shape (nothing soap couldn't fix).

Three weeks ago when I picked her up...

Well turns out it was not the head gasket but burnt valves... Now I needed another head..

I replaced the head and the injectors due to #3 being faulty.. causing the valves to burn up.
Well after 3 weeks of work (lazy work mind you.. no more then 2 hours a day I don't think) it is finished!

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do... Still cant believe I own a GVR4 lol

Thanks for the space!

broxma

Look shiny stock up front there. How's the rest of the car?

Welcome aboard.

/brox

dewman

Damn! She cleaned up nice. Could eat off that vc. Is this a non-sunroof? What other plans do you have for it?

It rides like a dream lol

Some minor scraches in the paint a few small tears in the rear seats. But overall she is in awesome shape. I am really suprised I got it for a cheap as I did.

I plan on keeping it bone stock. I have the GSX so no need to make my DD fast... I hope lol

And yes it dose not have a sunroof.. I dont like em anyways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

GSX_TC

Looks good man.

dsm10o0

Congrats man! Looks really clean. Feels nice having a vr4 and knowing you cant afford one. lol I was the same, never thought i would ever own a vr4 til a friend gave me his unfinished project.

how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

I paid the asking price of $2k for it. And after $200~250 in parts its back on the road. All in all, not a bad deal IMHO.. Even the wife likes it, and that is crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:

transparentdsm

2250 is nothing for one of these cars... thats what i had to pay for mine. 2000 for the car and 250 for some parts and boom im running. i just wish my paint looked as good as yours does...

GSX_TC

That's awesome that the wifey likes it. I paid 3500 for mine

Galactica

Welcome man! I paid 2000 for mine as well. It still needs a little help (check out the Groove in Timing Belt thread) but it'll get there I think soon enough. Very nice indeed!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned