The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 452/2000

Howdy everyone.... So I just picked up a Nile Black GVR4, it needs a bit of work here and there, but over all its pretty decent.

So far I put 6000K Hids and 3000k hids(foglights) in it. I know some of you guys don't like the HIDS but, i do most of my driving at night, and in the mountains, so i wanted good light output /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So Story Goes, that ive been looking for an EVO to be a nice streetcar, as my stealth slowly becomes a Racecar.... I was Stalking the EVOM forums, and came accrossed a GVR4. I messaged the guy...he said it was already sold...(bummer)... 2 days later messaged me back DEAL FELL THROUGH!... awesome!

So fast forward a bit and im standing infront of this car 2 days later handing him cash. And I drove it home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif only 142 miles

Stats:
1991 Galant VR4
Nile Black #452 of 2000
176K...Engine Replaced at 145
New Tires
16Gturbo
550s
2gmaf

and without further ADO..
545b8474.jpg

ade19a9e.jpg

a47ac2b2.jpg

236db16b.jpg

^^^^^---thats more than 22k in reciepts from previous owners
96973b2a.jpg

ac228417.jpg

9b861cb2.jpg

thanks for looking!

yeti

very nice car and welcome just that pic of you at the gas station makes me remember when i first got the galant such a nice feeling( i also have never felt boost before, THEN my car started to boost)

dewman

Noice. Black on black + non sr = good combo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What are your plans for it?

GSX_TC

Nice VR4, i like the story behind how you obtained it, its like it was fate. thanks for posting pics of it. yeah lots of guys on here hate HId's so expect sh*t from them lol anyways welcome aboard read this click and this click

trunks

I've never understood the hid hatred. They are a practical mod imo. I drive through deer country every day and when they light up a critter's eyes from a 1/4 mile away I'm always glad I have them.

Nice car and welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

everybody seems to hate them because they are being used incorrectly inside of a housing that was never meant to be used with HID's in the first place and then they supposedly blind people. when I posted this pic of my car, everybody and there dog commented on how they hate my lights and how i should get rid of them etc etc. eventually i'll retrofit the headlights with some TL, or TSX, or S2000 Projectors though so that way people will give me props rather than bitch.

IMG_3312.jpg

Last edited:

EgonOlsen

Welcome to the board, looks like a nice car. grats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes HID might look good,light better but the headlights where just not made for it, so every car you meet in the opposite direction at night will curse you to hell. they are not so much a problem for you as they are for everyone meeting you. the foglights is another matter though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I know I curse every car with blue lights at night, hurts my eyes for sure.

I dont recal though that I ever had a problem seeing with factory lights on any car.

Anyway welcome, it looks like a very nice ride. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuel

that's tidy!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Its really not as clean as it looks from pics, Ill post some of the little bits of damage it has here in a bit.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

edit
526a4a8d.jpg

421be976.jpg

85196dc0.jpg

Car was repainted (not cheaply either i have reciepts for it...) but its starting to chip all over...
c6cf7c47.jpg

Little Crease right here

Last edited:

Okayplayer

Welcome to the board, your car looks pretty well cared for. It's overall a nice car though, you obviously haven't seen mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif So does your car have anything to compensate fuel with the larger injectors and 2g maf? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I don't need anymore idling problems than I already have....

turbowop

Quoting EgonOlsen:

I dont recal though that I ever had a problem seeing with factory lights on any car.

Nobody has a problem seeing with the factory lights. HID guys just try to justify them because they're "brighter". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roll.gif Even though the light scatters worse than if halogens were used. Put HIDs into a proper retrofit setup and yes, they will work awesome for both the driver and oncoming cars. Put them in our factory reflector housings and they have worse light output and blind oncoming cars. It's a horrible mod.

EgonOlsen

Aint there something about if you run 550inj, an Evo16g and EvoMAS you can do it on a stock ECU since they compensate eachother? or something around those lines.

GSX_TC

as for the OP, here's the info for the people that will retrofit Projectors for you incase your interested. click

I like your 3k Fogs btw

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Quoting EgonOlsen:
Aint there something about if you run 550inj, an Evo16g and EvoMAS you can do it on a stock ECU since they compensate eachother? or something around those lines.

i think its Evo 560cc and a 2g maf compensate. They are close enough to where itll run normal.

Brunoboy

Mike, did you contact them?

GSX_TC

yeah, they said they can do it but it wouldnt be perfect because of the shards in the JDM glass. so because of that they kinda dont wanna do it. then i showed them the most blinding pic of my car at night with all 6 HID's on at the same time, with a note simply saying, "well im sure whatever you do will be a vast improvement over this" still waiting for a reply back from him.

turbowop

Just get '93 headlights. No diffusers to worry about. Doing projectors will change the whole look of them anyway.

And regarding 560s/2gMaf...That whole "they'll compensate each other" thing started way back when people were upgrading to regular 550's with a 2gMaf. It works, but it's not ideal and usually requires a bit of tweaking with an SAFC. That is the setup I run in 503 and it works well, even without a chip.

GSX_TC

i dont like the way the 93's look with everything else though, they just dont look good to me. i wanna run the TL or S2000 projectors in the JDM housings. it wont be perfect but atleast i wont be blinding people.

the car runs like a top the way it is right now.

Runs a bit rich but..meh.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

It was smoking something fierce for the last couple of days, and I believed the Turbo was toast... but come to find out this is really what happened...

0a0d0094.jpg

busted Oil Return line was throwing oil all over the bottom of the car!
So for now there is a ghetto fix... the line was cut and put a piece of hose in, atleast so i can drive it, while im waiting for flanges for the 8AN lines to come in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned