The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 1908 here! / build (Ocala, FL) Lots of pics UPDATE

GVR41908

Hello, I have always owned mostly Nissans. I've had 2 Datsun 240z s30's, several 240sx and most recently a Rb25det powered Miata. A few months ago I sold my mutt of a Miata (Nissan,ford,Gm,Mazda Parts) and started searching for a car I have wanted since I've been 18 (26 now) a Galant vr4. I found a low mileage roller in Savannah GA so I loaded up the trailer and headed up I95. The car was great except for needing the an aftermarket sunroof removed and a non-sunroof roof panel installed, which I did immediately. Here are a few pictures of how the car has been coming along the past 3 months. My goal for the car is focused around a few things. 350awp on E85, Retain A/C, and most importantly keep things showroom clean and tasteful. This car is every bit of a restoration project as it is a performance build. Thanks to Ryan (strokin4dr) for selling me the car and helping with info along the way!

Last edited:

89Patches

Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have quite a few photo's saved on my computer of your old Miata. Not really sure where I got the from? Back when I was looking at engine swaps for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That Galant ain't to shabby either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Staff member
Nice gauges, are those 60mm?

GVR41908

Yes, 60mm. Thank you. I wanted to keep it early 90's including the gauges but I found these for a decent price and rather have the accuracy of modern technology.

matt92vr4

Very cool! Welcome! We have enough FL members to start a meet! 350 shouldn't be a problem with that turbo and E85. Is it easy to come by in Ocala? I can't find any down here within 60 miles. Decided not to go with the Cyclone?

That Miata looks fun. My dad has a stock 6 speed. He also has a 240z and a '68 1600 Fairlady so I'm kinda into Datsuns too. I've been bugging him to drop in a sr20det into the 1600.

Anyways, we should all meet up sometime. Probably in Orlando. We should be able to get about 7 or so. Do you ever go to Hardrock in Ocala? There is a Montero meet there in November I'm going to attend.

Last edited:

GVR41908

Hey, I would def. be interested in meeting other semi local gvr4 owners. E85 isn't too hard to find here (about 5 stations). All the Evo guys around here run it in their dailys. The miata was fun but headache after headache. I sold that to a guy in Orlando. He is going to ruin that car....as he was leaving he was talking about painting racing stripes on it and removing the old school HKS peak/hold gauges for autometer. *facepalm* I recently got a BRZ and am having fun with that while I build this galant.
img.php

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Welcome to the .org my friend. I kind of hate you or stealing my plate though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

GVR41908

Honestly, a friend of mine suggested that plate when I first picked up the car. Lol I saw yours a few weeks ago. :/

LIV4PSI

I believe you, it was mine first though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif At least your VR4 isn't a hoopty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

strokin4dr

Welcome Rob!

Good to see you finally make your way over here. Nice progress so far. Keep the pics coming!!

transparentdsm

Quoting LIV4PSI:
I believe you, it was mine first though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif At least your VR4 isn't a hoopty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

just for this im getting this as my plate also.

VR4Scott

Welcome aboard!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts