The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 1810/2000!

Gvr4E

Hey everyone, my name is Ethan! I recently bought 1810/2000 from New Hampshire. Was planing on driving her back to IL but after 10 hours of driving the CEL came on, so I called it for the day. Next morning the slave cyl was puking fluid all over the place and the clutch has zero pressure. Ended up having the car shipped back to IL and she is now in my garage. This is my first GVR4 and I love it. Right now the plan is maintenance. The engine is running like it has a bad vac leak. Going to test and see what code I pull and move on from there. Any tips on diagnosis would be great! Really looking forward to getting into this community. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EHmotorsports

welcome! I would do a boost leak test and replace the throttle body seals. If they haven't been done they are most likely leaking. then move on the the other issues.

jnava

Staff member
Sounds like you're on a great start getting to know your car. Get ready because you're going to make it rain for 1810. We have plenty of info specific to our cars and obviously info available on everything else the car shares with its dsm cousins. Make yourself at home, drop some pics of said car and welcome to our community.

crazydriver81

Hi and welcome Ethan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gvr4E

So my friend and I did the slave today. After further examination we noticed that master was leaking from the inside down the clutch pedal. So new master for the next fix! Still have to fix the CEL. Going to connected an LED to the scanner terminal to pull the code.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned