The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 1788/ build thread

CutlassJim

Just wanted to let everyone know that 1788 now has a new home. The car has been a little neglected the past year and a half since Cy had it but I'm looking to get her back into tip top shape. It will be my 3rd VR4 and is by far the cleanest one I've owned. Pics will follow if I can ever get some free time while the sun is out.

Last edited:

CP

Enjoy and let me know if you've got any questions.

CutlassJim

Well a little update on the car. It seems like every small thing I look into leads me to something else that needs my attention. Car was hurting when I got it, spongy brakes, massive boost leak/ running rich, no stereo, passenger side window not working, wiring NIGHTMARE.

I tracked the window problem to the jumper that goes from the drivers door to the chassis. Looks like someone cut into it and half cut two wires and snipped the pass window wire through. I took the door off and completely redid the door harness with a new wire and taped it all back up.

DSCN3127.jpg

DSCN3129.jpg

DSCN3128.jpg

DSCN3135.jpg

DSCN3136.jpg

Some general shots of the current condition of the car. I added a JDM fuel door to compliment the bumpers.

DSCN3113.jpg

DSCN3119.jpg

DSCN3122.jpg

Yes I drive it in the snow.

DSCN3123.jpg

And hopefully it will look a little like this again when the weather gets nicer.

VRWhore002.jpg

4orced4door

I can't believe my old car still has the rattlecan bumpers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Nice to see you're planning on cleaning her up. It had around 65k miles I think when I got it, it was a really clean car and it still bothers me a tad to see it in the snow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A couple more old pictures:

CutlassJim

After making the passenger side window work I installed a new set of door speakers to replace the Walmart ones in there and sound deadened the doors. I also gutted the A/C box and re-installed the dash.

DSCN3147.jpg

DSCN3145.jpg

DSCN3159.jpg

DSCN3161.jpg

DSCN3162.jpg

DSCN3166.jpg

DSCN3165.jpg

DSCN3167.jpg

Much better
DSCN3170.jpg

These two holes need to be plugged. The larger on is the one that you can see from the engine bay.
DSCN3171.jpg

Of course I didn't get any finished photos but no more driving like this.
DSCN3132.jpg

Oh and Evo 8 rims with 255/45's are a tight fit but they DO work.
DSCN3191.jpg

DSCN3190.jpg

CutlassJim

Update: This is the worst put together car I have ever owned.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned