The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of #1736 91 GVR4

transparentdsm

very nice, car is looking great. we are thinking of having a meet/cruise up in/around tahoe before the snow starts to fly. it will be on a saturday or sunday. you should try to get up here. also in a few weeks/months ill have a set of 5 spoke stock rims if your interested, super cheap. im working on getting my 5 lug conversion done. and if you want to look in my build thread i have a set of enkie 4 lugs ill be getting rid of as well.

Mr_Fielgood

Quote:
very nice, car is looking great. we are thinking of having a meet/cruise up in/around tahoe before the snow starts to fly. it will be on a saturday or sunday. you should try to get up here. also in a few weeks/months ill have a set of 5 spoke stock rims if your interested, super cheap. im working on getting my 5 lug conversion done. and if you want to look in my build thread i have a set of enkie 4 lugs ill be getting rid of as well

I'd love to go meet up. But my I don't trust my car yet. Car dies when going to idle after driving it. Idle drops a lot when a/c is turned on or even when closing two windows at the same time it'll drop down to 400-500 rpm. Hate it. Can't even break in the new clutch because of this. This problem wasn't as bad before the clutch job. Anybody have any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Mr_Fielgood

Quote:
Congrats on what looks like a pretty good GVR4 overall condition wise minus all the stuff you had to replace but it looks like either normal wear and tear and some shotty work from a shop or person.

Either or ...at least its not a rotting rust bucket and still can be fixed and driven again. Congratulations!

Thanks! Despite all the parts I needed to replace I think I got pretty lucky to find this car. 1736 has always been a daily driver since it's 1st owner so maintenance wise this car has been it real decent shape up until the last owner who sold it to me. Pretty sure they neglected it and just let it go.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Fielgood1736:

I'd love to go meet up. But my I don't trust my car yet. Car dies when going to idle after driving it. Idle drops a lot when a/c is turned on or even when closing two windows at the same time it'll drop down to 400-500 rpm. Hate it. Can't even break in the new clutch because of this. This problem wasn't as bad before the clutch job. Anybody have any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Vacuum or boost leak for the dying? Anything else you changed?

For the windows, that sounds like electrical load. Alternator and battery good? Belt tight?

transparentdsm

check you IAC it could be weak. thats what is supposed to keep your RPM's constant when you put a load on the engine and battery.

G

Staff member
See if you can find black screws.

prove_it

I bet Turbo Negro can give you a black screw.

Mr_Fielgood

Quote:

In response to
Poster: transparentdsm
Subject: Re: New Owner of #1736 91 GVR4

check you IAC it could be weak. thats what is supposed to keep your RPM's constant when you put a load on the engine and battery.

How much resistance should I be reading on my iac? Also.. I am getting this idle surge at warm start.

thomcasey

They should be around 30 ohms if a brown IAC, between 40-50 for a black IAC. Any measurements outside of those ranges would be a bad coil (between 1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 5-6)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned