The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner of 1459/2000

Turbo99

Figured I'd put together an introduction thread since I've been on the forums for a while (inactive and my user got deleted somewhere along the way).

Name's Brad. I've been a DSM guy for a long time. Have had my 99 GSX since 2004 (and have put a whopping 35,000 miles on it in 10 years) and have learned through trial and error over the years what works, what doesn't and have really familiarized myself with the 4g platforms.

Long story short, my father owned 73/1000 back in 2005/2006. He had it for a brief period of time at which point it was loaded on a trailer and headed for Virginia Beach and we never saw it/heard from the dude again. It made a few more journeys to Maine then CT where it was made road worthy and then smashed into by an unlicensed 16 year old. R.I.P

From the day he ditched it, I told myself I would own one at some point and now that day is here. As of Saturday I have 1459/2000 in my possession. The car was put together by CBBOOST, and is easily the cleanest VR4 I have seen in person. He put a lot of time and effort into completing the car and it shows. I had looked at a few before I saw this car and as soon as I took a gander knew it was the right one.

Posting this from work, so my access to photos etc. Is limited, but I'll post this picture up for now that was taken last night with 801/2000 and a few others I have on my phone. I will get some more pictures when I get home this afternoon most likely so you can see the interior, under the hood etc.

Body has ~145k on it
Original, head never off the block motor is from a VR-4 and has ~71,000 miles

With 801/2000
10368229_10100123180642359_4994095338171352606_n.jpg

With my 2g
8wIYQv4.jpg

Circa 2005 with dad's vr4 and circa 2014 - looks eerily similar
RgZg2AH.jpg

Getting aligned
6EUmodT.jpg

Real clean underneath, especially for a New England car
PQMGsFq.jpg

The car will be getting a new pair of shoes soon. Currently have the new wheels split and am refinishing the centers and replacing 2 of the lips. Plan to update this thread with copious amounts of pics as the project continues.

1d6at5X.jpg

I forgot how fun these cars were to drive! I look forward to meeting a bunch of you. The car will be at the shootout!

Last edited:

Wookalar

Whats up with that 1g mr2?

Turbo99

The 86 belongs to my girlfriend. She also has a 3s swapped 91.

The 1g is stock aside from some BC's and the wheels. Needs some paint but I kind of like the patina /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

91 has BC's, Advan TCIII's and a few other goodies. Motor is a stock 3sgte from a 93 overseas.

1271827_10201333078942359_1399117524_o.jpg

CBBOOST

I started to feel like I was never going to use this car after building it and storing it for years. I never actually put it up for sale because I had built it for me and was so afraid of someone not understanding how special these cars are. I couldn't handle the idea that someone would buy it because it was cool and fast only to abuse it. Then Brad came along to see it one day because he had hear about my mystical GVR4 and needed to check it out.
I have had a ton of DSMs, GVR4s and a mix of other cool cars but ultimately built a Supra and and a Lexus ISF which really left me content. Even with those cars I was still procrastinating selling this car and I'm glad I did. It seems that the universe found the perfect place for this car. I very happy to see how my time with the car ended and excited to see where it will go from here.
Brad is a great guy with a real passion for these cars. He will take great car of the car and I'm sure he will be a good member of this community for years to come.

I did have a build thread on this car years back but didn't log in for a year or two and my user account plus my old content was all deleted.
If anyone knows how to get all that back I would love for Brad to have and continue that build thread.

Love your RIM... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned