The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner needs help on long island

holeshotmoe

Interesting...looks like the 90-94 gasket blocks all those portals like the one you have already. Wonder why they're different. Maybe someone can enlighten. I looked around and many sites showed three different gaskets: 1g 90, 1g 90-94 (or 93?), and 2g. But it looks like both 1g's are interchangeable except for perhaps the thickness, because they're both blocking everything.

16g16v

Am I ordering the wrong gasket then? The same gasket applies for 91 gvr4,eagle talon,laser, etc.. ? I was just wondering cause I got this gasket from the parts place we deal with at my job but it doesnt have the ports circled out as per the one above. So I was wondering if I was using the wrong type gasket.

ade

is that the old or new gasket in the above pic? i picked up two sets of oem tb gaskets from wantagh mitsubishi and wouldn't mind letting go of the extra if u want to try the oem route. pm me if interested.

ade

Quoting 16g16v:

mmmmmm minty

16g16v

That was an old gasket. I gave up after a week and a half of frustration. The car got flatbeded to bill. Lets see what happens. Thank you guys for all the help. This place is alot more friendlier then vwvortex.lol. I used to be a 1.8t freak.

ade

i knew it! lol, 16v was hint enough, i just came off 4 years with a vw. owned two vr6's, guess I'm a vr freak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and yes vwvortex sucks in the friendly dept. kinda shocking how kool this forum is. let us know what the issue is or was with the vr4.

16g16v

Wound up being a faulty connection on the maf harness. the car has a GM air meter on it. But I have plans to remove it. Now il do some cleaning up and show some more pictures.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts