The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner 92 vr4 #784

Gsxhybrid

Going to start of by introducing my self. Name Shaun. Some of you might now me. Been building DSM since I was 17. Currently 30. Own heavily modified 93 GSX with a 2.4L. Built 10yrs ago now. Still running strong. Own 2 1ga as daily. One mine other wife's. Wife also has a 92 tsi. Soon to be build for play. Always wanted a Galant VR4. Recently came across 92 Galant #784. No motor or transmission, and a lot of missing parts. Plan is to make it a clean damn near stock daily. With a 16g, 550inj, Fmic, 5 lug conversion, and a few other things. Since Ive never really been around these. Hard to tell everything I'm really missing. Ill try to make a list of thing I know is needed. See if any of you can help me track them down. I do have access to a base model. Just not sure if some thing will interchange. So if you see them on my list, and know they will. Let me know.

A/C all of it. Will base models work? Seem like it will. not sure
Windshield washer tank
Air filter box, and intake line from box to line from turbo
Radiator and fans
Intercooler. Not sure what I'm doing here.Might copy Tom's Garage
Rear window molding (Passenger side)

Thank you for any help in advance. Really look forward to putting #784 back on the road! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

transparentdsm

Hey there Shaun.

imma fill in a few gaps and help with some details.. through the help of toybreaker, i had gotten this car. it came from Scott, when John(toybreaker) got the shell from Michael. i had wanted to keep the car, but i recently found out some news that my trailer park will be closing soon. so between that and the car not being on the road for about 10 years i decided it should go into more capable hands where there is a large garage and no real rush to be finished.

here are some pictures from my trip going to get the VR4 and a few pictures of the reason Michael got rid of his VR4.

here is the car entering Tahoe. the drive up Rt. 50 from Sac was brutal, but my Montero chugged along and made the trip home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned