The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner 631/1000

Coltsfan

I'm dressed for the part too! LOL

Last edited:

Coltsfan

Coltsfan

Coltsfan

The car is all together! I borrowed a dealer plate, and drove it around for the first time today. It's awesome! I'll have to get the pictures off my camera sometime and post up the progress.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Nice work Dayo!

I condemned a car for a member here, some time back. WEll, flat out told him to run to the hills before driving it around.

That hulk looked a million times worse than what we have seen on your VR4 to this point.

Once the guys get wind of your Colt, as 89Mirageman stated, they will see the light.

Coltsfan

I got my roof rack installed last night and snapped a couple phone pictures.

Coltsfan

Thanks Tim!
Oh, here's my Colt:

Last edited:

Coltsfan

Clean bottom.

Some random color rocker

Bye bye steering lines

Future project

Other future project in fenders

MAY

The crew

4G63T FTW

Coltsfan

Coltsfan

Last edited:

Coltsfan

Yay! I got a downpayment on my Honda for my birthday! The Galant is going on the road tomorrow! Wahoo!

JoeDaddy0

What improvements did they make on newer valve covers? Although red cover is collectable by now!

Last edited:

Coltsfan

No MLS head gasket on this car JoeDaddy0, just a Felpro composite gasket. I'm only running 8 psi on this one, so I think it will do the job. I do run Cometic MLS on the other car.
I'm not aware of any valve cover improvements, other than the Hundai covers with the anti crush the s**t out of your VC style bolts.
I'm running the original valve cover, but the original paint was half corroded away.

Anyhoo, latest news is: I fixed my boost leaks! The main one was a rotted cold pipe directly after the FMIC coupler.
SU1BRzE2MDEuanBn_zps9bd4feca.jpg

I had to hack the end off and weld a new one on. (story of this cars life)
SU1BRzE2MDIuanBn_zpsfee4b97b.jpg

SU1BRzE2MDQuanBn_zps58911b17.jpg

SU1BRzE2MDUuanBn_zpsd6f90ffc.jpg

Re purposed an old heat shield that I built years ago and replaced the radiator.
SU1BRzE2MjEuanBn_zps98b0f658.jpg

I have a little over 400 miles on the car so far, and all is good. I have also made bike mounts, and added snowboard holders to my roof rack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
SU1BRzE2MTkuanBn_zpsd29f8a16.jpg

Next step is going to be putting this stuff all over the top of the car.
SU1BRzE2MjMuanBn_zps20669510.jpg

coyotes

Loving the rack, my car is a ski car and I use it for that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is cool to see these cars being used for what they were made for.

I need a bike rack for mine, probably next season.

transparentdsm

i cant wait for some snow so i can put my rack on. im also trying to figure out a trailer hitch so i can tow my sled behind my VR4 as well.

edit: car looks great by the way. cant wait to see what it looks like with new roof paint.

Last edited:

Coltsfan

SU1BRzE2MzcuanBn_zps45e783ac.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts