The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner: 420/1000

dsmkid

Hey guys and gals, just wanted to introduce myself and my car. This is not my first Galant (559/2000 was first). My name is Mike and im 22yrs old and live in Colorado. I just picked up 420/1000 from a cool guy locally. This will actually be my wifes car. I bought it with some mods already done (kinda just thrown on) but am in the process of cleaning it up and adding to the mods ie; more fuel, boost, tuning, handling, etc. We have owned the car for about 2-3 weeks now and it has been cleaned up alot already. Ill try to post pics somewhat frequently to keep you all updated. Here are some pics of the car. FYI Yes the terminator wheels will be gone soon (I got stock wheels in the sale just need to get tires).

THE NIGHT I GOT IT
img.php

img.php

img.php

dewman

Great number you got there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Btw,wth is it with Colorado and these cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

what an awesome number. thats pretty cool that your wife is gonna be driving this.

Okayplayer

Welcome back Mike, glad you got back into a vr4. I still have half of those parts you sold me, so let me know if you need anything...

Okayplayer

Quoting dewman:
Btw,wth is it with Colorado and these cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This is the perfect Colorado car, the awd is great in the snow, and you don't have to get lost in the crowds of EVOs and STIs, you can't throw a rock around here without hitting one...

Last edited:

dsmkid

Quoting Okayplayer:
Welcome back Mike, glad you got back into a vr4. I still have half of those parts you sold me, so let me know if you need anything...

thanks for the welcome! Im happy as well! Remind me, What parts did I sell you again?

Okayplayer

Subframe, doors, fenders, misc. interior... bunch of stuff

Launch

Thinkin of moving my shop to colorado, and my fleet of gvr4s,csms,and dsms... Alot more respect for these cars up there.

Is 420/1000 Still BG in color?

... 666 cars are black, both 420 cars are green, why would mitsu do this to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

MellowVR4

AWESOME AWESOME number /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif always wanted this number of car, 420 and 414 i want bad lol.

Okayplayer

Quoting dsmkid:
Quoting Okayplayer:

thanks for the welcome! Im happy as well! Remind me, What parts did I sell you again?

Actually now that I saw pics of your old car, I haven't bought any parts off you, I tried to trade your old VR4 with my green 2G Talon TSI.

dsmkid

Quoting Launch:
Thinkin of moving my shop to colorado, and my fleet of gvr4s,csms,and dsms... Alot more respect for these cars up there.

Is 420/1000 Still BG in color?

... 666 cars are black, both 420 cars are green, why would mitsu do this to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

No sir. This car is nile. Mabye a re-badge? As far as I have found this is the real 420.. What makes you say they were both green? Please inform me!

Diego

It was always rumored that 420s were BG and 666s were NB....

Diego

Who knows, I don't think I've yet to see that number post in my time here...

Galantvr4559

I now own #559 and I had the privalage to meet mike at bandimere for the last test and tune. I learned some history about the car. Would love to learn more. #420 is a great number btw.

dsmkid

Yeah who really knows man. I have researched and researched and cant find anything on a 420/1000 recorded other that my own stuff. I have however found some info leading me to believe my car may be 93/1000. look it up and let me know what you think if you have extra time. As far as 559/2000 I know a bit about it but you just have to ask me if you have any specific questions. As for originality, it really is 559/2000, the paint is original (unless you re-painted it already,) all the interior is original, the motor is NOT the original one, the main engine wire harness is NOT the original one. It should still have a 4 bolt lsd rear end in it, the back window was shot out in Aurora and replaced about 2 years ago, and I have actually owned that car 2 different times and the first time I sold it to a friend, I actually pulled off and kept the dash plaque. The 2nd time I owned the car I had more respect for the gvr4 and put it back on (yes the original one).

Diego

Bryan you were lucky to get the badge back on your ride... you could of been driving around without a number.

Galactica

Nice car with an awesome number! Welcome to the site!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts