The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New New Yorker taking on a gvr4

Tre3zy

glad to see the meth kit i sold you is installed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ade

ill put it to work @tre3zy

newpoppop

Nice Build, how bad was the original steering wheel? I am in the market for a decent leather one...
thanks

ade

pm sent^

GOPR2430.jpg

sometimes diy is best, im having a blast learning of and working on the car and cant wait till its first cruise.

Last edited:

ade

CAM01548_zps4985650e.jpg

CAM01553_zps8b237d46.jpg

CAM01552_zps51f2e7ad.jpg

CAM01544_zps382cd513.jpg

CAM01556_zpsa553ad26.jpg

CAM01574_zps0a2c062b.jpg

LIV4PSI

For the front SS brake lines, they look installed wrong. You are supposed to retain the OEM metal section that connects the lines together. And they should have a bracket that connects and wraps them around to the rear of the shock. That is probably why you have so much slack in your lines.

ade

i did it all wrong on purpose and got rid of the oem metal section to run one ss line from the hard line to the caliper, unfortunately the front line was a bit long, rears are perfect. fortunately i ordered a shorter length, bye bye slack.

so i get to cleaning ina the trunk last night when i run into this. Hwaaaaaaa, could this be a source of a future melt down? not on my watch!
CAM01605_zpsbcfcc0d2.jpg

Last edited:

ade

CAM01674_zps1b9e2388.jpg
CAM01695_zpsfcfcdcb9.jpg

CAM01679_zps9fedc32b.jpg

CAM01677_zps031b6772.jpg

CAM01661_zps64b471bf.jpg

CAM01656_zps659ad5ea.jpg

IMG_20130301_203638_zps06a3086f.jpg

ade

thanks. i get it running next weekend, i get it to perfection in a few months.

ade

meeting up someday sounds like a plan.

the turbo oil dump tube flange isnt getting shipped till the 23 so start up gets pushed back, more time to prepare imo.

ade

well im at this resurrection's final stages, it started up on an evo8 base tune last weekend but wouldn't idle long. log showed a bad o2(wiring). new o2 ordered, wiring is getting sorted. i also got a knock sensor dtc, replaced the sensor and cleared the code. and lastly i unpluged the evo8 maf and it ran fine!! for a few secs then it starts idle surging.

there's a way to lock the car in closed loop, but im not familiar with v3. i got an sd kit and p&p harness from ecmlink i picked up a while back and decided, i don't need no stinking maf, so a good buddy will be here sunday to tune in speed density. till then i'll sort out all its issues.

G

Staff member
Looks good! I wouldn't run that crank pulley though. Will end up doing more harm than good. Also I would invest in some exhaust wrap for the downpipe and exhaust mani. As well as some reflective material for that upper cold side output next to the exhaust mani.

ade

crank pulley came with the car, are there horror stories to running it?

yeah i picked up some reflective material for the piping but wrapping the manifold and downpipe... taking it off.... then putting it back on.... sigh

ade

started the car in sd. but o2 has a mind of its own

do i have this right?

looking into sensor plug with knob tab or guide at 12oclock
top left - blue >to> white -shielded on engine harness
top right - white >to> black -shielded on engine harness (continuity to ecu)
bottom left - black >to> red on engine harness (12volts recorded)
bottom right - black >to> black on engine harness (continuity to chassis ground)

engine harness on the left ------ o2 sensor on the right
CAM02104.jpg

Number996

hey ade,

I don't know if anybody's said anything about that plug coming off the ecu harness but if it's anything like mine (and it looks exactly the same) a previous owner had tapped into the front o2 wire for one reason or another and the green wire/white male plug was just hanging there. I found mine when wiring an AFR gauge to my ecu and deleted it.

ade

does it plug in somewhere?

Quoting transparentdsm:

not 100% sure but that should be the o2 voltage output.. you can run a narrowband gauge to it for a reading.

i assumed it just dangled under there like ^ said

transparentdsm

you can plug it into a aftermarket narrowband gauge, but that is all. its just a o2 voltage output. let it dangle or tuck it into the wires or add yourself a narrowband gauge.

edit: if your still troubled with the o2 wiring and no one helps you by sunday i will take pictures of my o2 and wiring harness, if you did everything right according to a manual the only thing i can think of is the two black wires are backwards..

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned