The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tombaman

How's it going everyone? I just wanted to introduce myself. Recently bought a Ggsx from a member on here. (Willfongtsi) Great guy. Extremely happy with the car. Now I'm just debating between building it or just keeping it as an almost completely stock ggsx?

I'm not new to the dsm world. But new to galants. I have had a 5 different talons /eclipses. Turbo and non. Hardtop and convertible. Got a garage full of parts. Figured I'd add some galant ones to it to. lol. Live in a small town in Indiana. Work at small factory in the town. (Miserable job, decent pay for what i do though) Got the whole American dream going. Kids, house, dog, fiance, and 3 nice dd/constant projects.

Hello to everyone. I'm sure at some point and time i will ask some noob questions. Until then I'll just read/learn as much as I can from the threads in the forum. Thanks all.

Oh also I'd love to hear opinions on the whole keep it stock or turbo it idea?

strokin4dr

Welcome. The answer to your question is to definitely turbo it! Use that garage full of DSM parts to make a vr4 out of it!

89Mirageman

I agree, its nearly impossible to keep an AWD Mitsubishi stock. If nothing else just turbo it with stock 1g stuff. That will really wake it up.

tombaman

Thank you. And I'm still torn on what to do. Figure a completely stock ggsx(as part availability allow). Is more desirable than a vr4 clone. lol. Idk.. got some time til I figure it out.

tombaman

UPDATE..

The ggsx is done for. Waiting on the insurance people to come total it. Guy blew a stop sign. Didn't even hit his brakes. Looks like it won't be a VR4 clone. Broke my heart. Just rolled 90k miles.

I luckily wasn't injured too bad. Bruised and bumped. But I figure it is worth buying back and parting it out somewhat. Maybe not. Just depends on value.

fuel

sorry to hear man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chad989of2000

Damn, that really sucks. Glad you made it out okay though.

tombaman

Is it worth buying the ggsx back to part out? The motor only had 90k on it and the interior was in really good shape.

pot

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear the bad news brother but happy to hear your in good health. I'd offer it depends on what the price is to buy back. If less than $500.00 you'd probably make two to three hundred dollars.

GSX_TC

Ouch, poor car. I hate people who can't just f***ing simply stop at the godamm stop sign. Glad your ok though, that situation could have been way worse. Hopefully he gets what he deserves.

tombaman

So I bought the car back to part out. Only cost 280 to buy back. Figured it was worth it. The 93 headlights are worth about 200 alone. Anyway I'll post up a part out tonight for it.

tombaman

Ok. I already have more interest in parts than I thought I would.

clevr4

id be interested in the headlights. sorry to hear about the situation.

prove_it

Take the head off, the whole top end is good for parts. The head is the same as a turbo.

tektic

Take everything! Block and crank should work great with some Forged slugs! Jafro Runs non-turbo pistons and block snas oil squirters with a turbo on it. The whole drive line is useful. Gearing is the same as evo3 trans. I'm sure you could sell most of the trim pieces and little doodads on here. You could cut out the rear strut towers and use them to convert a dsm or fwd galant. Rear subframe is usefull as they are getting rare. Same with gas tank and sending unit. In short, Lots of good parts!

prove_it

+1 on the whole rear subframe especially the tank.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts