The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I recently purchased a 91 Galant VR4, #515. It is basically a rolling shell the engine is missing and front-end is removed.
A little about my background, I have been a car junkie for more than 30 years now. I have owned too many cars to count. Some of the notable ones: 55 Belair 2 door post (my 1st car), 73 Firebird, 79 Toyota Supra, 87 Conquest TSI, 91 Galant VR4 and a 92 Talon TSI. My current cars include a 2002 Lexus 300IS, 2000 Audi TT and an 86 MR2. This is my second 91 Galant VR4. My previous one I owned for about 3 years 10 years ago. I sold it after my 92 Talon TSI project car was done. I sold the Talon about 3years ago when I purchased a 2000 Audi TT. When I bought the TT I thought I was done with project cars. Much to my wife’s dismay that lasted a few months when I came across an 86 MR2 which I have spent the last 2 years building it now has a 20 valve silver top engine and is completely done. This time I made it five months without a project car until I came across this Galant VR4 that needed to be saved.
I’m kind of an old fart when it comes to forms like this please bear with me and I will try not to be an annoyance. I won’t be asking how to change the oil or pull the engine. I will be browsing the site looking for technical details and parts. When building my MR2 I found the wonderful world on online forms, man what I would have given for information like this back in the day. I live 20 minutes north of Salt Lake City Utah and would welcome contact with any local owners. I have spent the last couple of nights reviewing the newbie pages and browsing the forum and I like what I have seen. My plans are to restore my Glant VR4 to its original unmolested glory with only minor performance mods (no 20” wheels or aftermarket body kits etc.). Thanks in advance for all of your hard work in building and maintaining an outstanding form.
Dan Bell

GVR47111K

Welcome! Sounds like you know what you got yourself into. IIRC, Beaner (his name on the board) lives in or around SL,UT as well. He may be the closest GVR4 guy around for you. Enjoy your new project!

GSX_TC

Welcome aboard, this site will be very helpful for you. Goodluck with your project, hopefully you keep this one and not sell it.

DynastyLCD

welcome, Dan! you will find that there are other 4G63/DSM forums with plenty of information besides here. trouble is, you will most likely spend the majority of your time sifting through threads, trying to decipher the facts from the crap. so save yourself the hassle, and stick around... and try to avoid the site we refer to as "tooners" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this is by far the most intelligent and resourceful 4G63 supporting website by far. you've found the right place. enjoy your stay.

Vr4junkie

NY pics of the car

Thanks for the encouraging words and information on my local GVR4 scene.

As you can see my car interests vary and have changed with time. I plan to keep this latest GVR4 through the restoration process and then drive it for some time to come. I do tend to have a wandering eye when it comes to cars. For me the restoration is almost as much fun as driving a great car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned