The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Member Intro

Greetings. Today I picked up the 1991 GGSX auto trans listed in my sig and figured it was time to sign up and post for myself rather than having my brother in law (656) do it for me. This is my first Galant, but I've been doing DSM's for ages. The GGSX is all stock for now. I am on the lookout for a 1g awd a/t that will serve as a donor car for a complete swap to properly build my GGSX. Since I already own a fully modded 20g'd Talon, I was hoping to show some restraint and keep this as a nice serene 250'ish awhp car I can use more often and maybe bring my son to the track in.

I hope I can contribute meaningful content eventually, however, I have plenty to learn and am eagerly soliciting some expert advice on how to proceed with the aforementioned project.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers.

Best

T

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey there - how you been
I believe I've seen you a few times at the NEDSM meets

(I assume there is only one TurboTony in RI)

Yup. The one and only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I finally gave in and decided to build me a 4-door. It will be nice taking my wife and son to the track, even if it's not in the "fast" car

prove_it

It is a lot nicer to have 4 doors and drive around. Welcome to the board!

656of1000

Hey brother, it's nice to have another Galant in the family.

I actually have more posts than you for once.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. And thanks for the hookup to the forum little brother.

Maybe I need to make my first "real" post for this, but is there any way to tell in advance which turbo DSM auto trans is compatible (ie., plug n' play) with the ggsx tranny harness connectors? I had a huge issue with my very awesome IPT built trans not connecting because I had the wrong year core built up and it wouldn't connect to the car's harnesses. I'm about to buy a donor car and want to buy the right one.

Thanks again

T

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned