The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New member & owner of a galant.

cupajoe

Hello, my name is joe and Im new to these boards but not new to dsms. I just picked up my Galant vr4 1242/2000 almost completely stock except for shep trans, Act 2100, bcs eliminated, and K&n filter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

mistaVR4

Welcome man! Glad to see you made a smart choice and picked up a VR4! Stay away from those DSM's now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

You got a great car for being in Alaska, nice to have the extra room, etc.. When you get a chance toss up a few pics of her!

Peace,

-Steve

Welcome. Got to love those gvr4's. Lots of info here bro.
"if you don't know, now you know"

cupajoe

Thanks for the welcomes, I should have some pics up this weekend.

Registry? Could I get some more info please? Thanks.

4thStroke

The registry just helps us track the cars and figure out how many are left, where they are at, etc.

You wont receive any sort of spam, dont worry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

History about your car can also be provided in most cases about your car through registry.

cupajoe

Just got some pics, Timing & balance belts, and water pump all done. I have reciepts dating back to 1990 when the car was 1st purchased at pacific motors. Car interior is in immaculate condition.

Let me know what you guys think, Thanks.

She's beautiful. You got to love these cars. It looks so at home in the snow too.
Why is the steering wheel upside down while the wheels are straight? Did you swap out the steering rack, or engine or something?

^Look at the picture right above it. The wheels are obviously turned to the left.

Clean stocker! I'd leave it that way.

cupajoe

Thanks for the compliments!

Quick question, Im probobly just paronoid but why does it sounds like it wants to blow up at higher rpms? Not literally but the engine is really really loud and high pitch.

Could it be that I'm used to a full 3" TBE on my last dsm that it drown out the engine sound and just sounds heathier?

Yeah these motors with a stock exhaust you can hear everything. Lifters, rockers etc. etc.

AWDnoobie

Welcome and congrats on a clean vr4. What are your future plans on your new love?

cupajoe

Future mods I'm thinking about going to a pte 50 trim, dsmlink, 272 cams, ets fmic, supporting mods. And for the exterior I think im gonna have all the dents and dings fixed and resprayed, and lower it. I wont be doing anything to it until after I get out of bootcamp so I have some time to come up with everything. So nothing is set in stone.

Again thanks for the compliments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cupajoe

Also getting my windows tinted this friday. Can't decide what % I want, either 20 or 35%.

If you have a pic of either of those could you post them for me? Thanks.

Crankwalk,
The truck in the background of the picture you stated obviously tells me that it's a different picture. There's no truck in that pic.
Cupa,
What's the legal tint limit in your area? I'd go from there. Me, personally, I like 20% on my rides. Dark, but not to dark.

Right but is it possible the wheel was just turned there too? Maybe i'm lost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cupajoe

Lol ok with the picture the wheels were also turned. It was moved after I cleaned it up some more. Hard wired my v-1 and hooked up my logger.

State law for tint is 70% front 30% back. 70 is almost useless. So I'm thinking 20% all arond and maybe just open my sunroof aronds cops.

70% /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Thats a joke. Just remember to include the extra % for factory tint. Like I mentioned before, I'm all about the 20%. To me, thats the perfect window tint.
Jay,
The reason I stated that about the steering wheel was my wheel was cocked after my motor swap and rack change. Just thought it might of been the same situation. Nothing worth debating about.

cupajoe

Quick update with 20% tint all around. floor mats need to be cleaned though but let me know what you all think. Thanks Joe.

DSCF8272.jpg

DSCF8269.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts