The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New kid on the block

Hi everybody! I've bought a GVR4 (1791) last month and finally got the motivation to stop trolling and actually make a post. The car is in decent shape but needs some TLC. The cooling system leaks like a bastard from everywhere, there is a tapping noise from the motor (I believe its the lifters, it isn't knock), and the downpipe flex is toast. I'm coming from the Jeep/Offroad world, so this whole (not quite but might as well be) DSM game is new to me. Therefor, any advice is most welcome.

The Car:

dmj

Welcome aboard. you will get a lot of help here. Make sure to read all the technical articles posted on the site it provides great information /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BoostedAWD91

welcome to the board. I would recommend you go to www.vfaq.com and read through this as it has all the answers to the questions u are probably looking for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Learn to use the search function on here as well. Its a bitch at first, but read the suggestions for searching on the page. Also, I hope you have a ton of patience.

Adorsey

^+1

* your from MA! Awesome welcome to the site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

381gvr4

Some definate New England meets this spring...... Welcome!

Welcome to the board. There is great knowledge to be had on this forum. Like mentioned above, Vfaq, and the search function are your friends. Although sometimes the search function can be your enemy(hard to use sometimes untill you learn how to use it).

The white ones are faster you know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice car man welcome i hope you like maintenance.

btw sorry dude but black is better. we are the fastest color..

Black is definitely an assburner in the summer, especially with the leather seats. Plus, my Galant told me its way faster. I've checked out Vfaq, as well as some other DSM sites. There is an INCREDIBLE amount of info out there on the DSM cars, but how much applies to the GVR4? Are there any major differences other than the 4WS?

fivestardsm

Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

Welcome to the board to save face later erase the term DSM from your vocabulary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Since I saw this on the harddrive the other day only felt it fitting to share the battle that was fought a few years ago.

Adorsey

[quoting:381gvr4]
"Some definate New England meets this spring...... Welcome!"

Yes!

NYC86ZC

Welcome. A few of us have had, or still have, jeeps and other offroad vehicles.
I still miss my YJ even though it broke more than both my gvr4's combined. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts