The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New intake manifold questions

AuSpecVr4

hey guys

My GVR4 has been off the road for over a year and has undergone some big changes from stock, I have changed the turbo setup to a GT35r from ebay (Chinese) i rebuilt the turbo as soon as i got it and replaced the internals with a kit from gpopshop.com. I wanted to change the intake manifold for more flow and a bigger throttle body. I went ahead and bought a Aluminum one of ebay but not the usual ones, i've never seen this one and it was a little bit more then the crap $180 manifolds. I also bought a s90 throttle body, it all arrived today and i jumped into trying to fit it all up and noticed the Port and runners on the new manifold is undersized heaps. Pictures attatched, Question being, this intake manifold isn't going to benefit me at all from stock and in any case be worse correct? it would be a big restriction. I know there are different head sizes for 4g63 as in big port, the manifold said it was for an evo 3. So i want to take advantage of using all that port for more flow, where do i go from here? ask for a refund on the manifold and buy something else (Magnus) or use the stock manifold/throttle body and 2.5" throttle body elbow?

Goals are somewhere in the 11-12 seconds, ideal 10.9,

Block is a 2.4L 100mm Forged bottom end
ACL race bearings
ARP studs
272 BC cams
Stainless valves and springs
850cc injectors
Dw 300 fuel pump
ECM link v3

Thanks, Brock

G

Staff member
Get a refund and buy a hypertune. click They have a big port version.

1v4u.jpg

Last edited:

Street Surgeon

Eh, you have some decisions.

1. Run an evo (or 2G DSM is pretty close) head and use what you have.

2. Return / sell what you have and get the right one for the head you have.

I'd prefer a Magnus cast IM but that's just me, if the hypertune is similarly priced and is local to you go with that.

Last edited:

AuSpecVr4

Thanks for the quick reply's

I've contacted the seller and organized a refund. Those hyptertune manifolds are really pricey, they are local to me which i didn't know but i can't comprehend $2000 for an intake manifold, i'll stick with a magnus cast i think, thanks for the help.

Brock

brisvr4

Brock, for now I'd just port the stock manifold for the S90 and call it a day.
For a 11 sec 1/4 it will be fine mate.
That said, the Magnus manifold looks like a decent buy if you can pick one up for the right price!

AuSpecVr4

Cheers Tim

It's more i want to get rid of the stock manifold completely too, its the only thing left on my setup that's original and it sticks out, the car is off the road so i have plenty of time/time to save to do it all right, magnus cast manifold is going to be my choice when i'm comfortable to buy it.

Thanks, Brock

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned