The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New HTA68 Turbo install questions

AKGVR4

Guys do I have to use the FP oil feed lines and drain lines if I install this turbo or can I use the existing lines from my stock 14b

AKGVR4

Thank you I am trying my best to get this thing up and running well. Brett have you ever heard anything good about the guys that are doing "remote" tuning?

GSTwithPSI

Depends on the guy. There are very few remote tuners I'd trust to do a decent job, and most of the ones I know that are good don't tune for money.

turbofonz

Hit up Kenny Kline or Kevin Jewer on FB. They will take care of your remote tuning needs.

transparentdsm

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Depends on the guy. There are very few remote tuners I'd trust to do a decent job, and most of the ones I know that are good don't tune for money.

Handjobs only..

kumfasa

All the stock lines will fit but...
I installed my HTA and used the stock head oil feed line that was on my old 16g. The turbo lasted about 500miles before it died due to lack of oiling.
I had it rebuilt and ran the oil feed from the Oil filter housing instead of the head. Its still going strong @ 25+ PSI.

I know lots of people have had HTA's survive when fed from the head but there are just as many stories of failures when fed from the head.

You can decide.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts