The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy...

CSMShaun

Hey guys! My name is Shaun, I live in Cincy, OH. I recently traded my AWD '89 Colt (4g63t and 4-bolt AWD swap and etc.) for this gem: click I have been playing with DSMs since I was 15 and have had multiple of them in differing configurations. I figured since I acquired a GVR4 I would join up on the GVR4 boards.

Some how I know this guy from a past life. Where the galant's were shorter and didn't come with leather. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Brunoboy

why have i seen this vr4 before?
-shane

Welcome to the board Shawn. Right when you think you know it all about these machines, this forum will teach you somethin new.
Where are those pics taken at? It looks like "over the rine", in cincy. Are you familiar with that part of natti? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

CSMShaun

Those pics were taken by a previous owner, I think they were taken in Kansas... I am familiar with OTR, but I don't frequent that area. LOL

I should hope not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
The murder rate is insane in that area, well cincy period has a pretty high murder rate. I only lived there about a year while my daughter was at the Cincy childrens. Vine st is another good one. What part are you from?

CSMShaun

I live in Delhi which is in western Cincy. And yes the murder rate is really high. I think OTR was number one at one point in the country...

06 and 07 I believe is when the rate surpassed new Orleans and D.C. Thats the last I heard dew to moving back home after my daughter got out. It was the year those goons chase T.I. Down the freeway blasting off shots, killing his right hand man. That sh*t was f*ckin crazy. Yeah, got lost when I first got there, ended up in OTR with twelve year old kids with pistols in there waist coming up to the window at stop lights/signs asking
"watcha need, watcha need"! I never held my steel that close and tight.

Me too.....me too. Talk about a wrong turn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
Well.... welcome, nice to see yet another beautiful gvr4.

gmp

wow that car has traveled just a bit...
all i gotta say is those brakes are big as hell-o

CSMShaun

Quoting TRBODSM:
This car started off in Thornton. clicky Did you end up trading hemicolt for it? Anyways, Welcome to the board

LOL that's the link I provided in my first post. Yes I traded hemicolt for it. Thanks for the welcome!

ApexHunter

Welcome to the board. I haven't been around that long compared to a lot of guys on here, but it's the best board i've been on if not it's definitely my favorite. Alot of good info, and not a lot of bullshit- in the sub forums related to the gvr4 that is. Anything Goes is another story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I was reading the page on your gvr4, and noticed the previous owner was using RL shockproof in the transaxle. I'm not sure if this is still the case and considering your background you may already know this, but shockproof in the trans may or may not be a good idea, it really depends on your situation. Read this for more info.

CSMShaun

I will be honest in stating that I am not sure what is in the trans/t-case now and that there very well may be Shockproof in them. I will definitely be changing it out. Thanks for catching that! The Colt board is a really good board too(no I am not trying to advertise) for most things Mitsubishi. But a LOT of the guys that frequent that board also frequent this one.

TRBODSM

LOL that's the link I provided in my first post. Yes I traded hemicolt for it. Thanks for the welcome!

HAHAHA. Sorry I was suppose to put a different link on there but I messed up.

Last edited:

TRBODSM

I was just going to link hemicolt's thread on him buying the car. I just had too many pages open at once and didnt double check what i put on there.

Looks good. Do a boost leak test and replace those IC pipes with metal if you can. I'm sure those nylon hoses aren't up to snuff anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned