The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy on the block

Bet

Just thought i would introduce myself.

Name is chase, currently deployed in the A-Stan.
Stationed in GA, but originally from Cali.

Currently have a 2.4 HTA3586 2g talon, currently building a Long rod 2.0 build for it. But then i fell in love with a VR4 thats for sale so my attention has changed over to putting the 2.0 setup into a Galant.

I'm on Tuners under SN: 11banger

Umm yeah don't know anything about Galants but thats why i joined this board.

transparentdsm

welcome aboard everyone here is real nice and helpful, if you have a question just ask, you will get the response you need.

Bet

Alright usually i would search before asking questions but my deployment internet time doesn't allow me to do so

Will a 6-bolt block & 2g tranny drop right into a vr-4?
Also does anyone know of a fuel cell that more or less bolts into the trunk?
What Radiator are guys running big top mount manifolds & turbos using, i'm running a VW rad in my 2g but it fits into the core support
What are you guys doing as far as big brakes & suspension upgrades? "car has a 5-lub swap"

thanks, chase

5OF2k

Welcome! First and foremost, thank you for your service. Seriously!

Now, to answer your questions:
6bolt block, yes.
2g trans, no.
summitracing.com or similar, measure the opening and fit whichever size you want.
AFCO scirocco radiator, pricey but will work fantastically for whatever you can throw at it.
big brakes are opened to anything/everything you can get for a 1g DSM, so long as they'll clear your wheels and such.

Again, welcome!

-Jake

Bet

Thanks for the help^

Question what mods need to be done for the transmission to work. I have a shep stage 4 with around 300 miles on it so i'm not trying to build/buy another

jnava

Staff member
I searched on the interwebs and there is a thread about installing a 2g trans on a gvr4 ---> click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts