The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need to borrow a ECU to test with.

gvr4ever

If anyone in central Indiana or the Lafayette area has a known working socketed ECU, I'd really love to borrow it. Please PM me if you can help.

gvr4ever

No one? If anyone has a working ECU who's car is currently down, I'd pay shipping both ways. I do need it to be socketed and a known working one.

donniekak

A little more info would be helpful. There are several ways a problem with your car would fry someone's ecu.

gvr4ever

I only know of one. The TPS, but mine is working fine. I don't know that it is the ECU and mine isn't fried. Cyl 1 isn't working. I'll find out if it is fuel or spark this weekend, but everything was replaced on the spark side of things, injectors were cleaned, a rebuilt head. The only reason I suspect the ECU is because when I unplugged the battery after setting the base timing, it ran perfect, and then later it ran like crap again. Pretty much running on 3 cylinders. It is not mechanical. Compression is 155 on problem cylinder.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned