The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need opinions on my car's height

matt92vr4

Hi guys, my car sits lower in the front. The suspension is stock and possibly original. Is this how it is suppose to look (see pic below)? I'm thinking about picking up a set of rear KYB's and Eibach springs this weekend from Boostx. Do you think this is a good idea? Thank you for your time.

-Matt

PJGross

Looks pretty normal to me, but then again my car has been on jack stands the better part of the last 10 yrs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have GVR4 specific H&R springs and KYB AGX struts with stock rims. My transfer case sits at about 4.5" off the ground. Not sure if that is typical or not, but that setup has about the same type of rake as yours and gives you a reference point to go off of for an old school setup.

-PJ

blacksheep

GVR4 has a factory rake with rear being higher. The H&R springs also keep this rake. I know people who have cut off 1/2 coil in rear - its the progressive part, so does not hurt much to level it out with H&R's. I have done it too. No impact to ride height etc.

I don't know about the whiteline springs and what they did. I think those were stiffer than H&R. I have not seen a set for sale on here in forever.

If you do DSM springs all around, your rear will sit lower than front, I believe. Same with coilovers unless you got a taller spring - I know I had this issue with Koni GC from a 1G many moons ago. I had to get a taller spring in rear.

Interesting fact - Koni has discontinued 1G AWD struts...Sad!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned