The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need opinions on fonts for decals

thedsmguy

I'm going to assume this is so you do not forget which gvr4 is yours when you are in a drunken stuper.

Even here in the PNW where there are seemingly thousands of gvr4's running around in Vancouver alone I could never see tagging my car with my last name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting agent23:
i already been to college for automotive tech. but dont have money for the A.S.E. tests right now. And here is my final copy

That looks like absolute sh*t. I know 10 year olds that don't even live in the hood and they could draw a better tag than that.

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting agent23:
i already been to college for automotive tech.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif

1. That ain't "college".

2. Based on the questions you've posted on this forum regarding your car, you didn't learn much in school, did you?

Amen, for all the stupid sh*t you post on this forum Agent23, it's obvious you didnt learn a single thing in auto tech schooling. Likely one of those kids that just copied the smarter guy's labs and then screwed around the rest of the time, how many times you drop a car off a lift??

curtis

Tramp stamp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

BrandonEchols

I think perhaps you should consider selling the galant and buying a 240sx, or maybe a civic hatch.

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

JEEEEZZZZZZ

Im glad I got into the game before everyone started being complete tools. but then again, maybe agent23 really is tarded, so he prolly has it comin.

as far as your hand grips go, id be fine with using it for a runway for my 'man-seed pilots'

Polish

Just keep on doing what you do Agent.

Brush off them haters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif i am just going to keep my cool and bite my tongue on this one

mountaineerjeff

thats the normal reaction from someone with a tramp stamp.

AnotherNewb

Wow, where is a mod at when you need one? If this was one of big ladies threads toybreaker would be in here in a heart beat to tell the haters to stay on topic and delete all the irrelevant posts.

Its a f***ing window decal! Get off his nuts.

Hey man, way to be an individual. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Be sure to post a picture of what you get cut.

beaner

I hate it. There's a fine line between giving someone a hard time and ripping them apart on a personal level for no reason.

DR1665

Guess I missed this one.

Two things I've noticed 'round these parts lately:
1. Lots of people enjoying the relative quality of this smaller community.
2. Not as many people actively contributing to said quality.

If my own rants elsewhere have played some part in this, I apologize. Just got tired of being lumped in with poisonous individuals due to geography.

Now, back on topic:
@agent23, I think you might be getting a bit more heckling because, while this is a Newbie area, your font question might be better suited for the Anything Goes area. From a design standpoint, I can see what you're going after, but of the sketches you've shared so far, only the solitary "A" in your first picture really stands out to me.

The latest iteration looks more refined, but the spacing between the letters is looser on the right, the serif on your "L" makes it look a lot like a "U," and the "O" reminds me of a hurricane on a weather map. You've got some nice flow to things and I think you're onto something. I would just caution against anything that looks like it might be some kind of graffiti tag. Think about where you see those things - curbs, rusty train cars, foul-ass gas station bathrooms. Not the sort of things you want to associate your family name with, ya know?

If you played with things a bit, maybe kept them a bit straighter, I bet you could put the "L" and the "T" together in such a way as to look like a "1," which could be kinda cool. "a1on" or something.

Don't let the haters get you down. Just don't settle for something you aren't really happy with.

mountaineerjeff

well, I think that mikus is the deciding ref, with the clear cut rule book.

so he is allowed to be stupid here

beaner

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
If you don't want to get ripped apart then don't do stupid sh*t.

Like ask for opinions on decals? Busting his balls on the design is fine. Calling him retarded, telling him to 'get a f***ing education', suggesting he sells his car, contesting his education, etc is not fine.

ok i came up with another its simple but it also incorperates the the car into my name, or something like that.

citymunky

Why don't you just get your plates to say your name.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned