The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help

valdez4o8

so i have a weird issue i came across today. im getting a grinding type of noise when i push in the clutch to the floor now if i push it down 90% of the way it wont grind and shifts fine. has anyone came across a issue like this?

MellowVR4

Did you do a clutch job recently?

mistaVR4

Hello,

Reading your message I presume a shop did the work for you? If so I'd take it back to them and explain your issue with their work and have them address the issue. Although, here are a few links found using the search function (very helpful here!!). These are just random examples, however a grinding noise is not a good thing to hear, I would lean towards a possible loose bolt/TOB/Spring from the disc, if it is an sprung disc. Most definitely check Jackstransmissions.com website for excellent information!

click

click

click

Hope this helps a bit. GL!

desant78

IWhen I first did my clutch, I had the same issue! This is most likely a clutch master cylinder issue. I had to just adjust it and it worked fine. For what its worth, a friend who works in trans shop says this is a typical problem when the master cylinder is not properly adjusted.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Either a bad throw-out bearing (should have replaced it doing a clutch job hopefully), or too much travel causing you to compress the springs into the clutch disc.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts