The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help please!!! ECU issue or not?

swe_gvr4_1991

galantvr4503; Shoot me a PM and I will give you my email address so you can send me your tune and I will take a look at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I actually use that procedure to test ECT. I would get 306F for the short and -44F for open. Power source is 4.7V. No grounding issue and wire resistance in low at 4ohms. What that said, it should be good. I verify the operating temp to voltage at ECU pin out to confirm correct temp to voltage, it good. My feedback at operating temp with tuner pro logger is 270F. It not correct.

GTX

Did you re-use MAF wiring or threw a new cable? I had similar issue (converting N/A to Turbo) with installing 2G MAF. The car would idle fine, rev to 3000rmp fine then die. What it appeared to be is some additional signal on original MAS cable, so just re-pinning was not enough. To diagnose properly you should see the shape of the signal. In my case I had to add a dedicated cable for MAS sensor. That fixed the issue.

my two cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I haven't found what the issue was. I went straight to EVO8 ecu. The car hasn't started since my home made balance shaft eliminator kit lock up the oil pump and decide to remove the engine/tran for cleaning. Prior to pulling the engine, I look at the trace and look normal with rev increase.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned