The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help on Air Intake Mod

Ethan

Hello,

I need help on Air Intake Mod. Can someone kindly explain me the steps to do it.

I currently have stock Air Intake. In order to open it, mechanic said I need to change MAF to another type of sensor, need new ECU and new harness. So, could someone also help me with ID of parts that I will need.

With Respect & Thz,
Ethan

LIV4PSI

Changing to a 2g or 3g EVO MAF is a good upgrade. Intake pipes and filters will be easier to come by. You don't need a new ECU, but your current ECU will need tuned for a new MAF.

JNR

It's possible you don't have a socketed ECU and why the 'mechanic' told you to get a new ECU? Otherwise, as mentioned just have to get it tuned (via chip) to accept the new MAS.

Ethan

@luis84one
Thz alot for the information. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

@LIV4PSI & JNR
Thz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
So, it mean I don't need to change my ECU when MAF is upgraded?
Mechanics in Myanmar are saying that I need to change my ECU. That why I ask. I don't have knowledge regarding with ECU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

minneSNOWta

I have a 2G Dejon intake pipe with 2G MAS and K&N FIPK air filter (Dejon Pipe w/ Recirc. Tube = $220, Used 2G MAS = $20-$50, K&N = $170). I think that some people will run 2G MAS with 560cc injectors without a tune, so that could be one option for you if you don't have DSMLink.

Chicago1

How are you guys running these with the battery in the way? Searching sucks on this site when I try I get all types of stuff and responses. Wish I could just get the thread itself.

LIV4PSI

Batteries are commonly relocated. If you don't want to put in the trunk, weld a battery tray above the transmission near the rear fire wall. Click my build thread, that is where my battery is at, although I have a stock intake still.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned