The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need help geting the oil pan out!!!!

sydrew

ok i strip the nut in the oil pan were the oil return line bolt too and tryin to get the oil pan out but having problem i took out 5 17mm bolt off the transfer case but the transfer case wont move a bit i loook every were but cant find any other screw that hold that t-case plz help thnx

ktmrider

Pics in the VFAQ: click
Goto Drivetrain, Transfer Case, TC Leak Fix.

And bookmark the VFAQ as it should be your first stop before asking questions.

img.php

Last edited:

sydrew

hey thnx forgot about vfaq sry i am a noob on these galantvr4 i came from a honda civic gsr background

Once you get all the bolts out of the t-case, use a pry bar carefully, to slide the t-case off. Be careful to not let it drop cause once its free it will slide off quickly. Don't forget that after you get the t-case off you will want to use some wire to hold the driveshaft up so you don't stress the joint by letting it hang down.

The topic of stripped oil return line to pan bolts has been discussed a thousand times. You can either clean up the threads with a tap or you can have someone weld on a -8 fitting so that you never have to worry about stripped oil pan return line bolts again. The trick to no leak there is using a new clean gasket. ....or an AN fitting.

Use the search function on this forum by using a + in front of the words: +oil +return +line

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned