The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help correcting wiring shenanigans

yubh8tn

I love multiple owner cars. I was wiring up my WB today into Pin 4 on our ECUs, trying to make use of ECMLink's narrowband sim feature, and found this:

I feel like I need to fix this, but I'm not quite sure whats going on here. Kinda looks like they stuck a few grounds together in one condom thing and then Pin 4 (o2 sensor) with another random white wire and then connected them both to a green and white wire that goes into the engine bay in another.

Any insight? What is going on here? Why did they do this??

mooserage

Staff member
Believe it or not, that is from the factory. I found the same thing, but did some searching and found others discussing that it's stick. I pulled off the covers and put heat shrink on, but up to you if you change or leave it.

yubh8tn

That's pretty bonkers. So, in order to wire up my wideband, I could just add my wideband 5v signal to the condom thing with the old o2 sensor wire? And just not use my factory o2 sensor?

GrocMax

I love multiple owner cars. I was wiring up my WB today into Pin 4 on our ECUs, trying to make use of ECMLink's narrowband sim feature, and found this:

I feel like I need to fix this, but I'm not quite sure whats going on here. Kinda looks like they stuck a few grounds together in one condom thing and then Pin 4 (o2 sensor) with another random white wire and then connected them both to a green and white wire that goes into the engine bay in another.

Any insight? What is going on here? Why did they do this??
Ground splice, everybody does the same thing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts