The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

N/A to Turbo. Engine harness additional wires

GTX

Hi gurus,

The doc on this forum, which outlines the process of swapping N/A engine with Turbocharged one contains the link to a wiring diagram. The link is broken and I have a hard time figuring out which wires I need to add to the new ECU. May be some of you kept the picture? It will be a hassle to go over all manufacturer diagrams to find it out.

Thanks,
A.

89Mirageman

I don't have the diagrams but I know you need to add one wire for the maf, the wiring for a knock sensor and the injector resistor pack. I believe that is about it.

tektic

Above info is correct. Would just like to add that the maf plug is different for the turbo because of the extra wire. I also added the wires for the fpr and pins for egrt so i could connect it to my wide band.

AllanL

wiring for the boost solenoid as well.

fuel solenoid
boost solenoid
egr solenoid
MAF reset
injector resistor
knock sensor

ktmrider

Quoting GTX:
Hi gurus,

The doc on this forum, which outlines the process of swapping N/A engine with Turbocharged one contains the link to a wiring diagram. The link is broken and I have a hard time figuring out which wires I need to add to the new ECU. May be some of you kept the picture? It will be a hassle to go over all manufacturer diagrams to find it out.

Thanks,
A.

You can just as easily use the DSM docs, VFAQ site, under Turbo here: click

biglady112

When I had my non turbo summit we converted it over. All I did was add the knock sensor and wire the few things in we needed for dsmlink speed density. I did not add anything otherwise and ran high impedance injectors and the car ran flawlessly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned