The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My restoration and build of #1444/2000 - lots of pics and video!

GSX_TC

Quoting the_underdog:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Glad you picked up a VR4 Tom, I didn't think you were serious about it. You certainly got a clean specimen to start off with though. Maybe next year you could bring it to the shootout, and I could borrow some more duct tape from ya haha j/p anyways it was nice meeting you this year up there, I'll keep checking your progress on this car.

Cheers
Mike

Hey Mike!

Good to hear from you and I believe you're the only person that I mentioned it to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'd love to drive this car to the shootout next year and very well may do that. It was great meeting you there and I loved seeing your car and the other Galants in the pits and tearing it up on the autocross and dragstrip.

hell yeah man sounds like a plan, i actually pass through TN on my way to the shootout so we can meet up from there and follow eachother up there if you wanted.

Gizmovr4

Tom,

Welcome - I loved the video, especially the repeated drive thru the creek !! Good luck with the build and I look forward to more videos!

~Nelson

IncorpoRatedX

Tom,

Looks like a few original owner cars popped up at once, I recently got my hands on a pair of them, you might enjoy the story: click

now someone needs to find a single owner, all stock kensington grey and we'll have an example of all four of the vr4's sold in america /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4Grim

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the boards...and glad to see your GVR4 here. I suscribed to your channel and love your videos. They are entertaining and you get to learn some stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

BpuVR4

ditto on the videos...very well done and enjoyable to watch, but damn you for having a GN AND a VR4!

the_underdog

Quoting Jason G.:
Nice find. I'd love to have that work space.

Thanks Jason, it's the garage that I had been planning and working toward for a long time.

the_underdog

Quoting GSX_TC:
hell yeah man sounds like a plan, i actually pass through TN on my way to the shootout so we can meet up from there and follow eachother up there if you wanted.

That sounds great Mike, I'm in!

the_underdog

Quoting gizmovr4:
Tom,

Welcome - I loved the video, especially the repeated drive thru the creek !! Good luck with the build and I look forward to more videos!

~Nelson

Thank you Nelson, I appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoyed the video! Lots more fun stuff coming soon!

the_underdog

Quoting Alpha Male:
Tom,

Looks like a few original owner cars popped up at once, I recently got my hands on a pair of them, you might enjoy the story: click

now someone needs to find a single owner, all stock kensington grey and we'll have an example of all four of the vr4's sold in america /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi Joshua and thank you for that link. I'm not sure how I missed that thread, but I hadn't seen it and it was a great story. Most of all, congrats on the find! It's amazing to me that these cars are hiding out here and there in good, stock condition! I know I was shocked to find one.

I really wish I would've gotten a picture of my car with the original owners. It's still possible though, as they want to see the car when it's all cleaned up. I'll have to do that next time out. Good luck with your car!

the_underdog

Quote:
Hello Tom, Welcome to the boards...and glad to see your GVR4 here. I suscribed to your channel and love your videos. They are entertaining and you get to learn some stuff.

Thank you 4Grim and I'm glad you are getting a kick out of the videos!

the_underdog

Quoting BpuVR4:
ditto on the videos...very well done and enjoyable to watch, but damn you for having a GN AND a VR4!

Thank you for the kind words and sorry about that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif GNs are such cool cars though, I never stopped wanting one ever since I saw it back in 87.

desant78

yep I'd have to agree, 87 GN's are pretty sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif congrats on the find and welcome to being officially part of the brother-hood!

BpuVR4

Quoting the_underdog:
Quoting BpuVR4:

Thank you for the kind words and sorry about that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif GNs are such cool cars though, I never stopped wanting one ever since I saw it back in 87.

The GN was the first car I fell in love with dling back to jr high reading magazine after magazine at the library. Came.close 3x in picking one up and still the car I want. Guess you can call her my Eleanore

the_underdog

Quoting desant78:
yep I'd have to agree, 87 GN's are pretty sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif congrats on the find and welcome to being officially part of the brother-hood!

NICE!! Thanks man!

slugsgomoo

Tom, glad to see you have a Galant. I've been following your videos since I came across them on NABR a while back. Very entertaining and well put together, keep it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GVR4ZUM

Hi Tom,
Welcome to the board and congrats on your GVR4. I also love the video, especially on the Nissan Sentra part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

the_underdog

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Tom, glad to see you have a Galant. I've been following your videos since I came across them on NABR a while back. Very entertaining and well put together, keep it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you and will do!

the_underdog

Quoting ScreaminE:
I'm still mad at you for selling Sunflower. But at least you gave me some good ideas on turbocharging my Miata!

Yeah, I've caught a metric ton of crap for selling that car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Someday I'll build my V8 Miata, I'll just need more spare time for a project like that.

In other news, going to South Hills Village when I was a kid was a BIG DEAL! That was basically our family vacation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned